Ben Johnson is back!

Smart move. He’ll have his choice of gigs after our SB victory.

6 Likes

Well who will he the d cord when glenn gets hired?

The last 10 games the Lions were a top ten defense.

5 Likes

2 Wise Ben’s in the history books.
I think this will be a huge year of growth for Ben. He will be looking at things through the lense of Dan.
I expect him to accept more responsibilities as well as being a diligent delegator.
I see a season of growth from Ben, which will benefit both the team and his successor.

1 Like

Congrats Lions fans! Losing Ben Johnson would have been a bigger deal then most of you would have wanted to believe.

7 Likes

And super bowl championship!

Pure speculation. We will find out in 24 I guess.

2 Likes

The only opening I thought he might take was Carolina, we’re kinda lucky that the rest of the openings resemble dumpsters aflame. I don’t think he’s staying with us permanently but I’m thrilled he’s here another year

4 Likes

You got good sources :wink:

Right on and you called it from day -60…

4 Likes

Great news!!!

1 Like

Is “they” Carolina or us?

2 Likes

Som Ting Rite

3 Likes

Since Ben leaving is a near certainty at some point, it would be nice if they identified a next in line and OJT that person this coming season.

3 Likes

Excellent to hear. Another year of stability to build the offense even more, and to continue to train his successor if the time comes. Next year Lion’s fans have a lot to Hopefully be excited for.

2 Likes

So, Detroit threw a brinks truck at him and he said no and btw, I will stay? Is that the question?

So he didn’t even interview with any teams then!? Or did he already interview? Feel like would be good experience for him. Regardless, great to have him back and props to Sheila, he must have got a huge raise.

1 Like

Well I don’t know. Maybe they threw the brinks truck at him, he said no, and people assumed he was taking the Carolina job, and then about a couple of hours ago he changed his mind? It’s just a clarifying question.

CJ Stroud was going to come back to college until yesterday morning when he changed his mind. He even told his teammates he was probably going to stay. It can happen.

1 Like

Was wondering the same… heard about all the interview offers but didn’t hear any actual interviews took place.

Awesome news for us!

3 Likes

With all his new pieces, if we have a top-10 defensive in 2023, maybe that will give him some cred and keep him from Susan Lucci and Eric Bieniemy fame. 4 Brad-approved defensive players in the first 81 might could do that for him.

1 Like

Yes!!!

2 Likes