Ben Roethlisberger speaks from experience when he warns about behavior of George Pickens

Thankfully, the Lions don’t appear to have any “me first” players on the roster. A tribute to BH and DC.

1 Like

Yet another example of why “talent isn’t enough” and character matters.

I wondered why the Lions didn’t seem interested in this guy and now I know.

I just posted about this as well. Mike has lost that team.

1 Like

I think it’s more about the fact that Pickett has been injured and the backups just aren’t very good.

Notwithstanding the absence of gaudy stats, the Steelers were 7-4 when Pickett started.

Since then, with Trubisky starting they’ve lost three straight.

Pickett’s not good either

True, but somewhat better than the backups.

Pickett had thrown 4 INTs in 11 games.

Trubisky’s thrown 3 INTs in 3 games.

Pickett was such a dumb pick from the outset. If the Steelers had someone like Minshew these last two years they’d have two playoff appearances.

It was a bit of a shocker. First QB taken in a bad QB class.

They would’ve been better off taking Sam Howell, who went in Rd 5, No. 144 overall.

Desmond Ritter, 3rd Rd, No. 74 overall, has some starts, but the Falcons already want to replace him.

Malik Willis, 3rd Rd, No. 86 overall, overhyped bust, which led to a guy signed off the practice squad starting 2 games (Josh Dobbs), and the drafting of Will Levis.

Matt Corral, 3rd Rd, No. 94 overall, hasn’t played at all, couldn’t stick to a Patriots roster that had/has major QB challenges, and now a street free agent.

Bailey Zappe, 4th Rd, No. 137 overall, has a few starts, but keeps getting replaced by Mac Jones.