Bengals release OT La'el Collins

Ah, I must have been thinking about his SEC time when he was first team. Or, maybe I wasn’t thinking at all.

The Cowboys signed him as a UDFA…. they did not use a supplemental pick on him.

He did in fact tell teams that he wouldn’t sign if he wasn’t selected in the top 3 rounds of the draft. Furthermore… he claimed he wouldn’t sign as a UDFA… and would re-enter the draft the following year.

I was ticked that the Lions didn’t call his bluff in the 7th round… and he quickly signed with the Cowboys…. while the Lions drafted OT Corey Robinson in the 7th round.

Collins blew his ACL last December. He aint playing any time soon without a miracle.

Now come November he might really help some teams.

It doesn’t cost anything to find out.

1 Like

Torn ACL and Brad Holmes live picture…

Pondering Anthony Anderson GIF by BET

1 Like

PFF had him as the #5RT in the league in 2020 so there is proof of concept. But his body has fallen
apart since and so has his play.

oofff…… ACL, MCL, and PCL. Yikes.

1 Like

The spirit of the villain will be here soon. See what you did.

Dan Campbell Yes GIF by Detroit Lions

Yes, but he was considered a first or second before the “murder” accusation. Point is, he was a good player who was screwed over by false allegations and yes, I also didn’t remember everything exactly but he wasn’t a murderer, he did get screwed over, he would have been right to hold out. Lions should have taken him in the 7th. He also played over 950 snaps last season, this isn’t about getting a starter, it’s about getting a better backup.

It was obvious he wanted to go to Cowboys if he didn’t go in top 3 rounds… which is why I was annoyed that no other team useda 7th rounder to block it.

What Collins and his agents said does not matter to NFL teams. Organizations have spent 1st round picks on guys that said they wouldn’t sign, and late round flyers on guys who didn’t even play football. The fact that NO team drafted him makes it certain that the league stepped in. Even if you wanted to draft Collins, the NFL was not going to announce the pick. He was off the table.