Bengals release OT La'el Collins

Bring him in.

Is he comfortable coming in as OL7? How is he as a cultural fit?

1 Like

Seachicks will be on him like flies on chit….

3 Likes

The question is are we comfortable w/o quality backups.

After Graham? Nope. OL7 is not worth bringing in a malcontent.

And I’m not talking about that pre draft weirdness. I just have the impression that he’s not a Dan and Brad type.

Are we ahead of them on waivers? Does that matter?

It’s a cap issue.

1 Like

he isn’t subject to waivers since he is vested vet.

3 Likes

There’s long been work ethic smoke with Collins. At least that’s what I’ve read. I’ve also got the sense that he thinks he’s better than he is.

I’m fine with it if Dan and Brad are.

That doesn’t make sense, unless I’m missing something.

Edit - Yes I was missing something, he’s got a ■■■■■■ up knee.

The Bengals released offensive tackle La’el Collins from the team’s physically unable to perform list , according to the NFL’s daily transaction report. Collins had been recovering from torn ligaments in his left knee suffered in a Week 16 game against the New England Patriots last season

Thanks!!!

1 Like

Or the jets

1 Like

He’s an all pro, he’s coming off an injury, Bengals have options and depth and thought better of the situation to let him go. Bring him in, evaluate where he’s at as a potential depth player or starter for later in the season should the need arise and make sure he can be medically cleared.

I see no scenario where this guy is a Lion even though it would be cool on paper

1 Like

Why?

Because of this…

I feel like I heard that they almost cut him this offseason because of this. I might be crazy. Somewhere I remember there being smoke about this injury being way worse than anybody thought it was going to be.

…and this.

Isn’t this the same guy that went undrafted because he said he wasn’t going to sign if he got drafted on day 3? Or something like that?

2 Likes

None of this is true. He was accused of a murder charge that was false and the Cowboys took him in the supplemental draft because he wasn’t cleared until after the draft, it cost him millions. With re to the work ethic, this is the first I’ve heard. He is coming off an injury but has played at a high level, it costs nothing to check it out and unless you think that our “depth” at OT is adequate, there is no reason not to bring him in.

1 Like

Honesty that whole situation happened before I started REALLY following the NFL so I’m definitely willing to admit I was wrong about that.

1 Like

Pray we stay injury free

2 Likes

When? Was he 2nd team? I know that PFF loved him in 2020z.

1 Like