Bengals still eyeing Mixon pay cut

Full story at the link.

The Bengals remain ready to give Mixon, whose $12MM-per-year deal runs through 2024, a late-offseason ultimatum. Mixon refusing the reduction will likely lead to a release and the team searching for outside help, Dehner adds.

While this is certainly not an optimal time for Mixon to be forced into a salary trim, his 2023 status has been a talking point since the Combine. The Bengals, however, have the most significant contract in franchise history to hammer out before clarity emerges. Joe Burrow and the team have been in talks on what will almost certainly be a record-setting extension since late March. Burrow’s re-up will change Cincinnati’s blueprint, and it may well affect how the team navigates its receiver situation. And Mixon’s future will be impacted by Burrow’s deal.

My advice to the Bengals front office:

Don’t have a female employee deliver that ultimatum.

2 Likes

I would tell the Bengals to get bent.

1 Like

Teams are taking out all their bad contract anger on RBs it seems.

Reminds me of my college roomie playing Risk. He wasnt very good, and was usually the first one out…

By the time 2nd semester rolled around, he was tired of being pounded, so he switched strategies and started to “Go Khaddafi”, in his parlance, which was basically suicide…with flair!

He would cluster his armies at the start and then, randomly, pick another player. No rhyme or reason, if that guy was all the way across the board, then he was going there, with everything and slug it out until you were dead or he was. Annnd, whoever was left usually was gobbeld right up next.

Pissed everyone off, but the smile on his face as he was the one dishing out the licks, regardless of outcome, was of deep, disturbing satisfaction

I imagine thay look on the face of the GMs in NY, Vegas, Cincy, BLT and others as they Khaddafi their top 5-10 running backs