Best memory of the season

For me, it was just prior to the Rams game, when I checked in here on this board, and saw Nate’s post about the crowd chanting Jared Goff. Then the videos started to trickle in.

I’m not sure why I got so emotional over it, but l did, and it’s something I will never forget. I literally got goose pimples.

What memory from this great season stuck out for you fellas, and felettes?

8 Likes

Probably Goff to St. Brown to end the Rams game.

I mean beating the Bucs was great. But first playoff win in 32 years. That was the best moment. I was close to needing medical attention

6 Likes

When Baltimore absolutely crushed us because after that I had no expectation that the Lions were serious and everything was that much better after that because of it.

3 Likes

Man, i dunno, there were so many. I am going to go with barnes intercepting Baker and the stadiums reaction…although the kneel down vs the rams was ■■■■■■■ epic as well.

7 Likes

The Netflix block

12 Likes

Honestly, I think the Derrick Barnes INT was the one that really got me going the most. I lost my voice for like 2 days after that game. Probably added 24 hours just from that interception.

7 Likes

The Jared Goff chants were probably the most emotional and craziest thing I can recall seeing, not just in Detroit. So that is probably the biggest memory that captured this season from a fan perspective and how much fun and starved this fanbase was.

Teamwise the victory formation at the end of Tampa.

6 Likes

My favorite play was in the Seattle game when Goff did the fake handoff, and Taylor thought he got a sack (and started celebrating).

Goff made the Dude look silly.

6 Likes

Blockbuster, nickname upgrade should stick.

1 Like

Lotsa good ones here, gonna add the Gibbs TD over the LG/LT gap that Jamo was out front blocking. Gibbs made some LB just look silly with a jump cut, the play was blocked up at the line perfectly and then Jamo got 2 guys, Gibbs then put on the burners and it was 6

1 Like

Yeah, there were plenty of great moments this year and I’m looking forward to enjoy every of them in off season again and again, but the first knee against Rams - at this moment everybody realize what the team has done. History.

2 Likes

The win in KC.
There’s a lot of little things along the way, and certainly the most recent successes are what’s most prominent in my memory, but…

That win over KC set us on a trajectory. It announced to the world that we haven’t gone away. We kicked asterisk. We plunged into the season with playoff expectations.

4 Likes

Just to suggest something different, I’m going to say the Broncos game. They were a hot team, I didn’t like the fact it was Campbell v his mentor, and Russell Wilson has always killed the Lions. The 1st quarter was disappointing and then boom, six TDs in our last seven drives and it wound up being the biggest and most complete win of the season.

3 Likes

Jared Goff chants at the Rams game and beating the rams proving we were a legit team. That was literally our biggest win in the last 30 years

3 Likes

Walking into Arrowhead and seeing all my brothern.

5 Likes

The Raiders game when Monty was injured and Gibbs went wild as the main RB. He was on fire.

3 Likes

The Rams game. The crowd chanting Jared Goff. Us marching down the field at will in the first half. I knew by our second drive we were the better team. and this was no fluke

Then seeing McVeys face as Goff took victory formation. The team, the city, Goff….exorcized so many demons that night. I’m glad we drew LA in the first round. I wouldn’t have wanted it any other way.

3 Likes

The playoff run lasting so long, and in particular the anticipation before each game.

Either that or Minnesota Game 1.

Tough to decide, because I think I’ll enjoy those memories for a long time

1 Like

I spent $1200 on that drubbing

1 Like

Jack Fox EIGHTY yard punt vs SF was Amazing. Came right off my chair!

One I liked even better from the same game was Jamo’s TD on the first drive. I pointed at my people and said, “WE’RE GOING TO THE SB, MF’rz!”

They were all laughing at the intensity and conviction. LOL

5 Likes