Bevell calls Swift a super talented complete RB

Chubb Game Log 2018:

Like your optimism.

Kerryon Johnson needs 467 yards this season to pass Garry James for No. 25 all-time on the Lions rushing yards leaders list.

Over/under on whether he makes it?

I will say slightly over–around 500 yards rushing.

1 Like

That’s where I got my numbers from. Not sure where NYL is getting his from. Or why touches even matter to the point.

I had typo of 201 touches when it was in fact 200. But I now see I counted 4 targets. - My bad.

Regardless we were talking carries and equaling Chubb’s rushing numbers so I’m not sure what touches has to do with the conversation.

Those 16 times NYL references were all carries.

The point and discussion was about carries and that it only took 12 carries a game (5yrds per carry) to equal Chubb’s rushing production. What does touches have to do that? Beside Chubb doesn’t catch many passes.

One thing to note Chubb played CIN twice. Cin had the worst rushing defense at the time. He got 47 carries in those two games too. But I still think Chubb can match his production.

That’s because he was coming off a serious knee injury and CLE was bringing him along slowly. I kinda expect something similar to happen with Swift. Because of Covid and lack of Preseason conditioning and training.

You are correct in that. I stand corrected. It was the year before he went down with injury. That’s what I get for going by memory.

But his opportunities went up as the season progressed. I suspect the same thing to happen to Swift. Because KJ can’t stay healthy for more than 1/2 a season. Not to mention I think Swift will outperform him once he gets going.

Wouldn’t touches included Rushes and Receptions?

192 rushes and 20 receptions = 212 touches

Touche’s!

My little fantasy here!

KJ goes from 1044 career to 1544 as he gets that 500!

Swift - as a rookie - also get -1600!! And passes him in the process

Giving us two active RB’s that are already top 25 team running backs!!

And we break 2000 yards total team rushing for 2020 and that put us top 5 rushing in the NFL!!

2 Likes

I referenced his touches in both instances , it just so happens that he did not have a reception through the first 6 games

Air …Chubb was healthy , he was not coming off a serious knee injury .
Chubb injured his knee in 2015 , he played 28 College games after the injury.
He was 3rd string because his Cleveland Coach was blind, a moron or Chubb was in the Dog House for whatever reason or paying his Rookie dues …or his Coach was just to faithful to his Veterans to a fault .
Injured RB’s don’t play special teams coverage on over 100 plays through the first 6 weeks if they are injured.

We agree on Swift the talent/player and what he could possibly do if given heavy carries or opportunities , Covid is going to be a bad break for all rookies early in the season and especially if preseason goes from 2 games to none …

Unfortunately for Swift … We have real talent at RB in the room now with KJ and BO paired with a Coach with a philosophy of committee…injuries could alter the approach but I think the plan does not favor any one of them dominating carries …
I don’t think they view KJ ,Swift and BO as competing for the same carries …
Three RB’s with predetermined roles with down, distance and situation determining who is in .

Jacob and Chubb being Bell Cows in situations that if not tired …your the man and that offers so much more to accomplishing gaudy stats and production .

Yes they would …192 rushes and 20 receptions = 212 touches… minus the 16 touches from the first 6 weeks of play = 196 touches over the last 10 games :wink:

Chubb never looked the same at Georgia after his knee injury.
He looked like a different RB when he got going in Cleveland.
Some guys get their body healthy but it takes awhile to get their mind to be confident in their knee again.

I was a huge Chubb fan at Georgia. If you recall I was touting him pretty hard. He’s the reason I fell in love with Swift.

He was having swelling issues on his knee from his knee injury. He had torn everything but the ACL.

John Dorsey said they weren’t concerned about it but wanted to bring him along slowly and work on his strength conditioning before giving him more responsibilities. They felt it was a prudent move due to his prior injury and the swelling.

I tried to find the article about it but couldn’t seem to find it. I looked long enough before giving up.

The coach wasn’t blind, a moron and Chubb wasn’t in the dog house either. It was by plan and design to help his knee.

Yeah, it did seem as though they had a plan to keep him on a low pitch count until after week 6 and then they fed him.

I did not say his Coach was Blind or a Moron …It was 2 of many reasons I listed as possible reasons as to why Chubb was not seen as the best RB on that squad …

For me to give this any consideration as to why Chubb was not getting carries ( The knee and swelling & wanting to protect it) as being the reason he was used the way he was . Nothing about the way he was used for the first 6 games & situations he was put in speak to that …not even a little bit

You would have to explain why Chubb was used on over 100 special teams plays (Defensively in coverage) over the first 6 games? 100+ special teams plays that has a return team filled with players looking to make a name for themselves , shooting at your knees and blocking you when you are coming in full speed and when the stress on a knee is much greater when reactionary than it is when you decide to cut or stop by your own choice ? This makes no sense

If you cant explain it away , then the take has no merit …I’ll listen .

I don’t see it …a plan of easing a RB in does not look like that …6 games in and you never saw more than 3 carries …
Or he did not show enough in camp or practice to take caries away from Hyde or Johnson or he did and Coach was letting the Vets play… many RB’s start off on low pitch counts with gradual bumps in carries
The idea that it was knee related holds no water when you exposed Chubb to some of the most dangerous plays in football over 100 times as a rehab effort …and for the record Chubb had 5 Tackles on special teams credited to him …

OOooo K , One /different team used Chubb in dif ferent ways and at different times.
Our opponents aren’t brain dead, they KNOW we are going to feed Swift Immediately ‘RUNNING’ The Football. Bevell is going to adjust and use Swift differently than Chubb ~here~. we hope Swift betters Chubb when the season ends Please Lord NO Injuries !!! , but they are going to be ran separately and differently, thrown to that way to.

So it’s hard to say who will have better numbers . I know teams expect us to run with a fury NOW we have Swift paired with KJ.

the tell all is how effective will that defense be in trying to stop our running particularly Swift.

This is not a FACT. This is a very (apparently) biased opinion. You want to know where he is elite? His CUTS are ELITE. Watch him. They are instant and not everyone can do that. Being able to make small quick lightning fast cuts without losing speed is an elite RB trait. They seemed to serve this other RB in Detroit pretty well…

Observe:

I have those same elite moves!

… in my dreams! :crazy_face::+1::heart::upside_down_face::flushed:

1 Like