Bevell calls Swift a super talented complete RB

Looks like Bevell believes Swift is a complete back and is excited to have him. I am excited to see how Bevell uses him.

1 Like

Bevell was given some needed assets in the draft
He should be excited

1 Like

I wished for Clyde Edwards Helaire but I am hoping DeAndre Swift does wonders for us. We have been talking about getting this run game going for years now. Time for it to go into effect. It is going to do wonders for us on the offensive and defensive side of the ball. Maybe we can start closing out games.

2 Likes

Swift has no elite qualities. He has never carried a full load. He faces a jump in competition and bears the hopes of the Lions’ faithful on his shoulders. We’ll see how much hyperbole and how much truth there is to this claim.

Just like Okudah. No chance to be elite. Doesn’t have the speed, pedigree or anything else. I would never have drafted him at #035 but maybe if we traded back and got a few extra picks and then drafted him it might have been worth it.

1 Like

blah blah blah

I actually like what I “think” I see going on here with MP/BQ and how they are handling the 2nd yr OC and
new DC. My opinion only and football wise that means one level above sucks!! :slight_smile:

Bevell; Leadership know him now and gave him what he needed.

New DC: gave him very little. letting him grown into the new position, learn what MP wants, learn the overall group of players he ends up with for the reg season… evaluate and next yr… make specific upgrades.

I could be wrong but I am loving what I see so far

2 Likes

I like what Bevel said about Jonah Jackson And Logan Stenberg,.
The nasty streak in them, real grown men, he said.
But will have to rein in Logan a bit.
If these guys pan out, our running backs will get better.

3 Likes

Yes, i think the O picks this year, RB + 2 Gs were all about controlling the clock and closing games!

2 Likes

He doesn’t have to carry the load

1 Like

To have a guy swinging out of the backfield who linebackers cannot stay with is a game changer. Kerryon is solid in the swing pass/screen game, but Swift is at another level. He is a lot more elusive than KJ. I’d expect Bevell to create a lot of ways to get Swift the ball in space. So opposing defenses now have to play less aggressively, can’t commit a safety elsewhere in case Swift shakes the LB, and probably can’t assign just any LB to track Swift. He’s an opposing coordinators worst nightmare. Play action will be much better. And both KJ and DS will be fresh competing to be the man. Should be exciting.

4 Likes

You might be right — there’s nothing wrong with that sort of approach
Undlin will know better what he most needs by the end of this season
It actually makes a lot of sense

2 Likes

Stat that carries the most weight for me is all time Georgia RB leader in yards per carry @ 6.6

That tops Herschel Walker, Nick Chubb, Sony Michel, Todd Gurley, Garrison Hearst, Knowshon Moreno, and Terrell Davis to name a few. So, yes, he does possess a special attribute; the all important attribute of gaining yards when he’s given the ball.

Add in the fact that he is the all-time leading Georgia Bulldog RB in career receiving yards, as well as the all time leader in average yards per touch from scrimmage and I’d say that at the very least indicates special talent and a potentially exciting future.

Don’t be such a Negative Nancy !!

7 Likes

Or a Debbie Downer! :grin:

4 Likes

The fact remains he has no elite qualities. Bad pick at 35 overall. Quinn should have traded down and got at least two seconds for thirty-five. Quinn sucks. He can’t evaluate talent and he stuck us with two top picks that are not elite in one draft. Fire Quinn now.
What’s that you say? Noone has even taken a snap yet. Doesn’t matter. He’s not elite and never will be. You have his measureables. He might as well quit now. Just like Okudah. Their careers were over the moment the Lions drafted them.

Sheesh!
You’ve got to be the only negative opinion I’ve read on those two selections
Ok, others here I suppose
But outside of this place?
None

1 Like

blah blah and just more blah… this is about all your responds to this subject deserves brother… lots of hugs, loves and prayers for you today!!

1 Like

It’s almost like Iggy has hacked Yooper’s account…

4 Likes

Or, Yooper thinks the sychophantic bs being peddled around here is pure bs unworthy of any other kind of response. The kid hasn’t played a down. He has no elite qualities. Let’s wait until we annoint him
Top Dog even in his own backfield. The same goes for Okudah. He hasn’t played a down either.

Here we go with the 12 year old sarcasm BS.

1 Like