Bevell to Jacksonville

And I’ll say this now - Matt liked him

This could be the thing that make Matt want to leave now…

I think whatever happens with Stafford, happens. I think the staff tries to keep him, and it’s probably in the franchises best interest to retain him - but he’s not Tom Brady here. If he decides to move on, I’ll understand.

3 Likes

Lol. Looking high and low for those move on from Stafford tea leaves…

I’ve been saying for weeks if Bev stayed, that 100% Stafford would stay. Bev’s out, the plot thickens. Rivers just retired and the Colts need a QB desperately.

For the record, I’m only for trading Stafford if we get a really strong offer for him. For example, a 1st and 3rd round pick would be hard to turn down.

Bevell couldn’t stay, too much animosity if you have someone that interviewed and wanted the HC position but didn’t get it.

1 Like

We’ll never know how much Patricia reined him in from being a little more unpredictable, but in any case I wish him well.

Just messing with you man. Realistic assessment on Bevell vs no Bevell.

Oh wow. Good for Bevell. I think he is going to do great. Gonna miss him. I think Urban Meyer knows what he is doing.

1 Like

going to miss Bev, hope that you find riches man, and thank you for your services here.

Tom brady wouldn’t be Tom Brady with this team.

Good for him. Glad he’s gone. On to bigger and better things.

I was underwhelmed when Bevell was appointed the OC here a couple of years ago but my opinion of his as an offensive coach and a person has changed hugely in that time. He is a very capable coach and a complete gentleman.

This is a great move for him. I think he has been very much hampered by who his head coaches have been and how they want the offense to function in his last two gigs. Will be interesting to see how much freedom and how much of a mesh there is between him and Meyer.

Great appointment for Trevor Lawrence too, a measured coach like Bev will be a big help for him.

2 Likes

Its a good hire but I think Linehan would have been a better choice.

I think this is great for him and that he will likely get head coaching offers after a couple years with Urban Meyer and Terver Lawrence.

1 Like