Biggest 2023 Impact Mock Draft

Obviously we all have our preferences in the upcoming drafts. Holmes did an excellent job filling immediate needs in FA. In fact, with the resignings, FA additions, and young player development, this team is arguably top 3 in the NFC.

If your main goal going into this draft class was to win the Super Bowl this season, who would you take?

Let’s keep it simple, no trade downs, but you can trade up using only 2023 picks and fair trade value.

The draft goes

Young
Stroud
Anderson
Richardson
Carter

Who you got?

For me I would take

6 JSN - His playing style is likely to transition seamlessly into year 1 production. He is an elite player at a high value position. His addition could make this WR unit the best in the league for years to come

18 Bijan Robinson - I would not be going out on a limb by saying we would have the best RB depth chart in the league. Bijan is another player who should not struggle to produce day 1 in the NFL. You have David Montgomery to get the tough yards, and Swift to change it up. These two additions make this the best offense in the league.

48 Darnell Washington - Three straight picks on offense may be tough to swallow, but Holmes did a very good job filling the defensive holes in FA. Washington would add another dynamic to this offense. Has tackle like blocking ability with a massive frame and wingspan. Could make our red zone offense borderline unstoppable.

55 Keanu Benton - I believe Benton could have a very big year 1 impact as a run defender. Love his potential to develop into a plus interior pass rusher, but I would not expect that year 1.

81 Clark Phillips - Another guy in the secondary that just seems to find the football. These type of guys may not be perfect, but they can flip games. 1st round tape, but late round measurables.

4 Likes

Skoronski , Nolan Smith
Day 2 …DBs & Tucker Kraft
Day 3 DT & LBs

1 Like

6 - JSN
18 - The Adetomic Bomb (don’t love this part of the draft 12-35 or so)
48 - Felix Anudike-Uzomah
55 - Joe Tippman
81 - Emanuel Forbes

I’d prefer Carter to slide and:

6 - Carter
18- N. Smith
48- Tippman
55- Stevenson
81 - Mims

1 Like

I’m on team keep the offense elite…. Punt on D for 2023, and load up for the 2024 draft again.

Trade #6 for #11 and 2024 - 1st rounder -

1. Bijan Robinson
  2. Darnell Wright
  3. K Benton
  4. AT Perry
  5. DTR
  6. Karl Brooks
  7. Dorian Williams
  8. Payne Durham

Jamo- AT Perry- ASB- Reynolds- Jones jr- Raymond

Wright- Mitchell- Durham

Bijan- Monty- Swift- Netflix

Wow that’s some skill on O

Still adding Benton and Brooks in the front 7 too-

We’d have 2 firsts, second, and 2 thirds next year to go all D

1 Like

at 6 Bijan Robinson Best player in the draft never gets to 18
at 18 Keion White big long fast DE/DT inside or out
at 48 Hendon Hooker QB
at 55 Jack Campbell LB
at 81 Jartavius Martin S
at 152 Nick Broeker IOL
at 183 Cory Trice CB
at 194 Carter Warren OT

Something like this works

4 Likes

This is the direction many of our insiders are alluding to, and if that’s the case I think it could go something like:

6: JSN
18: Porter
48: Achane
55: Tippmann/Mauch/Avila/Zavala
81: Spears

Just imagine it: a route-running savant who’s always open, an electric Tyreek-Hill style RB/WR, a pass-catching RB with vision, heart and juice, and a new iOL. Add that to ARSB, Jamo, DMont, Swift and the rest of our badass line… along with Ben F’ing Johnson to orchestrate it all… and I think we might have one of the best offenses in the history of the league.

And also Porter because he’s awesome.

2 Likes

I don’t think Porter will make it to 18. Seems like Pitt would be the absolute floor.

I think it’s unlikely but not impossible. I think it would require the first CB to come off the board a little later but I’ve seen plenty of mocks where that happens. And it wouldn’t surprise me if Banks squeezes into the top 3 CBs come draft day.

6 Witherspoon
18 Benton
48 Musgrave
55 Achane
81 Mims

1 Like

I really like your first round picks, but, I’m seeing Bijan mocked much higher a lot lately. I sure hope he’s still there at 18.

1 Like

Signing David Montgomery to a 3 year deal with 11 million guaranteed, and then drafting a RB in the first round doesn’t sound very Brad Holmesy.

1 Like

Brad Holmsy is drafting bpa not need. Next yr Swift is gone, Bijan is a generational RB, and would be bpa, which is Brad Holmes to a T.

1 Like

Been looking at Trice as a later round CB if we pass on Clark Phillps. Plays the way we like. We still wouldn’t have a true speed corner though. But really like his game and the way he tackles.

1 Like

I think a Bijan/Montgomery combo is very complimentary long term.

3 Likes

I love it (assuning the players were available).

I love having 3 great wrs. It makes the likelyhood of having 2 of them on the field for the vast majority of the games. Same reasoning with RB. Goff needs his weapons. Insulate those positions to injury and he will constantly put up boat loads of points through the playoffs. It is a long season so i expect the injuries. Love all 5 players.

1 Like

Like in Carolina? Maybe JSN (tri-annual WR), Bijan (generational RB) Washington (generational TE probably need to trade up), then an OG maybe Avila it’s not often you find one that can run a 4.6 40.

I think they discussed whether or not Bijan was on the board for #6 prior to free agency. He might still be in play at #18 for BPA but not at #6 IMO. Once they decided they weren’t going to take him at 6, then they made the offer to Jamaal. Once Jamaal balked at that offer, they went after Montgomery.

Any other scenario wouldn’t be logical.

2 Likes

Oh if agree at 6, im talking 18, though i have my doubts he lasts to 18

1 Like

This seems like that “draft hype” you were referencing before.

Last year receptions:

ARSB = 106
Raymond = 47
Chark = 30
Reynolds = 38
Marvin Jones = 46

Replace Jamo with Chark and you have our starting 5. I’d guess another 100 receptions for ARSB. I think we all expect Jamo to get the 2nd most receptions so let’s say 75. We run a lot of 2 TE sets so only 2 WR on the field for a good share of our plays.

I just can’t see taking a WR at #6 overall. A once in a generation talent, yes. JSN isn’t that. He is just a good WR in this particular class.

1 Like