Bijan Robinson 4.46 40

Bold. Now if your entire career had been pointed toward one day landing your dream job as GM of an NFL franchise, and your name was Brad Holmes and you had had the good fortune of having one of the up and coming hot head coaches with one of the hottest OC’s in the league, and the team was trending sharply up, it’s gotta take some serious cahones to pull on that AR15 at 6 when alternatively you could have the #1 CB or a big time DL who could help you into the playoffs and potentially move the needle enough to begin talking about NFC Championship games… But I get where you’re coming from. This is a Mahomes move. Just remember, there was a Trey Lance move too.

5 Likes

He was halfway done before they ever hit the button, because of 2 things.

1. His ability to break the sound barrier
  2. His reflexes make it so the guy who is touching the button on the stop watch are a fraction of a second slower than Barry, so he’s 1/2 way done before they press the button
  3. His superpower hearing, so he can hear the trigger of the starting gun start to cause tension in the spring before the hammer of the gun ever drops on the cap
  4. His handsomeness distracts ppl from taking accurate measurements in the first place.

…so as you can see, there is a lot of chaos in trying to get a “real” reading from a Barry Sanders 40 time.

3 Likes

…then OG with 2A

Personally I don’t do crack but it seems natural to do it in the morning or else you’d be up all night. Good call.

1 Like

Illustration Politics GIF by gifnews

1 Like

Well who was playing R.B. and wearing #20 on January 5, 1992?? Lem Barney??

57 to the zero power is 1.

2 Likes

https://y.yarn.co/a68b00db-837b-4a38-a501-d0fd6eb183eb_text.gif

4 Likes

Snl GIF by Saturday Night Live

2 Likes

Great post! In the end it comes down to what they think the player can be, and if they can get him there. It would be ballsy.

I personally think Bijan would have the biggest impact in 2023 of anyone we can draft this year. I think he is a top 5 NFL RB day 1, IMO. I mentioned this before, but I think he has an Adrian Peterson like impact as a rookie.

With that said, because of positional value, I can’t pull the trigger at 6. If we dropped down to 12 or so and got some extra captial it is much more palatable, but not at 6. If he is sitting there at 18, and someone unforseen doesn’t drop, I’m all over him.

If I had to pick any player from the last two drafts that I would bet my house on to be special players it would have been Hutch and Sewell. That was before we drafted them. This year that guy in Bijan for me. Barring injury, he is a future all pro.

3 Likes

I agree completely. Would not like this pick at 6. But all day at 18.

2 Likes

Ok I stand corrected

This topic was automatically closed 240 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.