Bill and the Pats are Parting Ways

https://twitter.com/adamschefter/status/1745416259242434885?s=12&t=1Seddm3V3Nro71f5D4Butg

Looks like the Hoodie and the Pats are parting ways

what a wild 24 hours it has been

3 Likes

I have to admit that Belichick, Carrol, and Vrabel are 3 coaches I did not expect to be fired or let go.

Couple this with Saban retiring and this has to be the most insane off season of coaching changes ever. I mean I am now expecting the Steelers to fire Tomlin and then about ever good coach left in football will be in the wind. And I know plenty not like MCDC but wow.

4 Likes

Carroll & Vrabel were both shocking. BB, really no surprise as the rumors have been floating about for awhile.

4 Likes

for sure
but taken as a whole it has been a super crazy off season

I am wondering if Tomlin does get kicked and the Steelers go after Vrabel. He would be a great fit I think in Pittsburg.

Truly the end of an era.

2 Likes

https://twitter.com/BussinWTB/status/1745426059879706764

1 Like

Indeed:

1 Like

Vrabel to NE though

5 Likes

Read a report this morning that the Patriots are going with Jerod Mayo instead.

3 Likes

Why are people surprised by Saban retiring? It’s been talked about for weeks. When we beat them there was talk about it being potentially his last shot.

1 Like

Is tomlin the coach with longest tenure now?

1 Like

He might be done too they say

If that happens, the world has gone crazy.
Agree with @Jman Vrabel to NE makes too much sense.

3 Likes

If they get rid of a guy that hasn’t had a losing season in 17 years they have lost their ■■■■■■■ minds.

5 Likes

Just about everybody knew that this was likely Bill’s last dance with the Patriots. Not too shocked about Vrabel either, there were rumors that he’d resign rather than get fired though.
Carroll and Saban were bombshells though.

I think it’s one of those things that you don’t believe until you see it.

1 Like

Tomlin isn’t going anywhere unless HE decides to move on

3 Likes

Tomlin is untouchable. No way he goes out on terms that aren’t his own anytime soon.

9 Likes

This is true. Most of the Tomlin talk is that he may want to take a break. I don’t think anybody really expects him to do it though.

I have seen it written that the Patriots are going to avoid Vrabel, as they are concerned about getting hit with tampering charges and don’t want to risk their draft pick. Not sure how much stock to put in a report like that, as it’s somewhat of a paradox, but thought it was worth mentioning