Bill Belichick had this to say on possible reunion with recently fired coach Josh McDaniels

The Raiders owe McDaniels four years’ worth of salary. You’d think he’d welcome a vacation for the reason of this season.

It’s the Patriot Way. Let another team pay the Coordinator a Head Coach’s salary while they’re employed by the Pats as a “senior consultant” for a 6-figure salary.

1 Like

McDaniels is exhibit A for why we have the dumb Rooney Rule

What’s weird is guys like Morninweg and Schwartz not getting a second shot, but, Daniels got a second shot after he proved that he was a Belechik made man in Denver.
And, losing to 6-2 Detroit, in Detroit, was the final straw.:rofl:
The apple doesn’t fall far from the tree.

The Raiders owe McDaniels a reported 50 million over the next 4 seasons.

At first I kinda felt bad for him for getting fired… he might just be a genius. He can go hang out on the beach and collect 50 mill or go back to his master. His choice.

Thats on top of the huge money they paid Gruden on that 10 year 100 million dollar contract.

Paying two huge contracts at the same time for guys NOT TO COACH YOUR TEAM seems like bad business.

1 Like

He’ll be back with another club (Patriots) by next Sunday earning as little as humanly possible so that the Raiders receive no offset relief.

I’m thinking that was a “with cause” termination that allowed them to avoid the hit.

1 Like

I read that Gruden and The Raiders settled for an undisclosed amount.

2 Likes

There’s usually fine print written into every coach contract that they will seek out work at an average salary within their field or forfeit any remaining salary owed to them. Such salary, of course, being deducted from the balance of what is owed per year. That’s why you don’t see these guys taking vacations, because their former employers are watching.

Ah, OK.