Blough pretty much cemented that he belongs as a sure #2 vs Steelers

Even Rams fans are trying to temper the Perkins excitement all of a sudden. He looked very much like Fields. Able to extend plays with his legs and hit easy over the top throws. He’s not Mahomes part 2.

As to Goff, He didn’t play at all the last 2 years in preseason. He would have played a quarter or two in his first 2 years with McVay and with Fisher. Probably a lazy reporter trying to show how great Perkins can be compared to Goff. Lazy.

Finally Holmes. It’s as much on Lynn to decide who he wants as his backup. Holmes felt Boyle was a diamond in the rough based on him lighting up pre-season last year. If he is not getting it done, I’m confident Holmes can find better after the 53 cut. I feel like DC has given Boyle every chance to succeed, even giving him 1/2 the 1st string last night and he didn’t get it done. I would be very surprised if Boyle is still the backup and would be a huge data point against the upside trend of DC/Lynn and not Holmes from my perspective.

3 Likes

No lie, Bryce Perkins was my favorite non-OSU player in college football while he was at Virginia. I really liked him. I never thought anything of him as a pro prospect, but I want him now.

Let’s trade Tim Boyle and a 5th for Bryce Perkins.

In fact, why wasn’t Bryce Perkins a throw in in the Stafford trade?

Rams will have to keep him on the active roster now if they want him. They weren’t planning on keeping 3 QBs on the 53 and were hoping to once again sneak Perkins onto their practice squad. He will likely get picked up to an active squad by someone this year.

The Rams PS QBs were raided heavily the last few years (mostly by Denver). No one took Wolford, which surprised me as I thought he was better than the other 3 guys. Wolford is more ready to win a game today if needed. Perkins has more upside and probably longevity.

I was big on Perkins as a late day three QB. Mostly for his Slash/Taysom Hill utility.

1 Like

I’m surprised that he was a UDFA.
It’s funny how last week he threw for 42 yards and this week he has a decent game and all-of-a-sudden people want him on their team.
He would most likely be a gadget player, like you said. It’s possible he could develop into more but he didn’t look to have a strong arm and has some accuracy issues. He reminded me of a young Randall Cunningham but less athletic.

No but so far you can’t question his moves or you get post like this. I just wonder if he keeps a guy like Boyle will some of you question it.

It’s the age of instant gratification that’s why. My old ass can’t stand it. Lol

I wasn’t thinking much about him at all Snags ! but when Boyle and Butthead got us behind/down by at least 20 to zip and Blough plays the 4th quarter and came within a breath of a come back victory…the way we WERE playing? -to me he showed me that he IS ABLE to flat produce IF he needed to be counted on IF Goff gets injured.

Sadly, I think it’ll be 3 and he stays. For sure, though, if they decide to keep 2, Blough has to be the one they keep.

If it were up to me, I’d cut him in order to keep an extra RB (Reynolds or Igwebuike)

If we keep four TBs I hope we add someone who is cutZ. Far superior runners will be made available.

Yup. I like a backup that brings a different set of problems. An athletic dude could have success for a game or 2, if we had to play without Goff. Surprise factor with little or no tape out on him, and an entirely different offense than they planned to defend in practice that week, should he come in mid game somewhere along the line.

2 Likes