Borrow from the future?

Found a list of players available who fit the ideal three criteria for the Lions. RAS, Scheme and Culture

|G|Cooper Beebe|Kansas State|

|G|Layden Robinson|Texas A&M|

|G |Christian Mahogeny|Boston College|

|S|Cole Bishop|Utah|

|EDGE|Marshawn Kneeland|Western Michigan|

|DT|Michael Hall Jr.|Ohio State|

|DT|Kris Jenkins Jr.|Michigan|

|DT|Braden Fiske|Florida State|

1 Like

I’ve like Layden for a while. If you look at his history, there was talks of him being a #1 guard prior to this last season. This season didn’t go as planned and he’s fallen down draft boards, but I think he’s the kind of guy who has the clay that Fraley can mold.

Would love to see him picked up later in the draft.

3 Likes

Culture?

1 Like

Intangibles. Leadership etc

1 Like

If Kneeland, Jenkins or Fiske would be sweet at #61 or nearby, enough so that any of them would pry me off of my current rock.

1 Like

Yeah…I’m not too sure about that, but Brad knows more than I do.

I am going to have the most mixed and conflicted reaction ever if we take Mike Hall.

2 Likes

That was my first thought but, actually, if you trade with the Titans for 38 overall, and you end up sending back pick 29-32 a year later, then it’s really quite a good deal. Dropping 10 places worth of draft position for one year’s early utility of a pick is a decent trade.

With that said though, I just hate the idea of not having any 1st round picks. But in the right circumstances it would be justifiable logically.

2 Likes

The only way I’d do it is if Holmes absolutely loves 1 of these guys as a can’t miss prospect. You know like when we traded up for St. Brown

Id like to think at least 1 is there at 61.

2 Likes

I don’t want any of those scenarios. I want to trade a future pick to move up in the 2nd round. Go get Cooper DeJean or one of the other guys we loved during the offseason process that fits our culture.

So you want to trade up for a white cornerback? They can’t even jump.

Woody Harrelson Basketball GIF

:joy:

1 Like

No interest in trading future picks during the draft. I am however interested in using some of those 2025 7th rounders to work around our waiver wire order and get player 54 off of some of the best teams. Come August I mean.

1 Like

The window is open. I’d be fine with trading this years beans to move up in the 2nd and the 1st round bean for a high 2nd this year. Save one late bean for a Kicker.

2a Newton
2b Powers-Johnson
7 Reichart

Get a WR post draft FA and maybe another EDGE.

Next year, rely on FA a bit more to offset the 1st round loss which will likely be a late first anyway. I can dream…

1 Like

In that case, you’d have to find a partner who values future picks like Brad does. Most GMs don’t. Brad has security that many other GMs don’t, so when Brad offers, say, a 2025 4th round pick, they’re thinking 5th round pick.

My feeling is, “Go get your guy”, and do what it takes to make it happen. How many years did the Rams go w/o a first round pick, they made the right choice because they were close. How many years was GB close but that’s it, they wasted all those seasons they had AR. Get it done.

Never a fan of trading a 1st. One QB injury and you’ve lost a top 10 pick so you could add a 2nd rounder.

The next focus should be interior all oline or wide receiver

I think the talent in this draft is going to sync up more with interior line for our next pick

I think they’re counting on Donovan more than we know, and it could be that as soon as he gets into the offense, he’ll be 800 yard guy who moves the chains

Barring Jamo continuing to develop his game and improving on tracking over the shoulder catches, we still need an X receiver we can hit on the deep sidelines. I’d love to see us sign Chark to a one year 5-6 million deal.

He already has the timing down with Goff and he knows our offense

I also hope we score a safety in the middle rounds to continue to develop depth back there. I think they have designs on playing Branch at safety but If love to see a raw prospect with a ton of upside in the later rounds

This is the year I wish we had 2 second rounders honestly, there’s still good olineman, WR and even corners that would be firsts a lot of years. I’d love to be able to take advantage of the ridiculous WR draft and the fact 6 QB’s went first as well as some injury prone guys.

Just me reading the tea leaf here, but I think if there was that level of love, we wouldn’t have moved up five picks yesterday. The term “settling” got thrown around a bit by the brass on what kind of player we would have gotten if we hadn’t got Arnold.

No one likes to “settle”. Now, come later on, they might get excited again at a different price point, but right now it’s a collection of guys they weren’t hot on burning a first round pick on.

1 Like

To play Devil’s Advocate here. If you’re trying to get up high enough in the second and you do so by trading next years 1st… is it that big of a deal? They’d (hopefully) be trading a 25-32 pick in the first for a 2-9 pick in the second this year. I wouldn’t be mad.

1 Like