Brad and Dan are building a team, not a beauty pageant

https://twitter.com/Sandman7773/status/1784031813666549989

I really like what Sandman captured here. In the past, it seemed we had GMs fall in love with highlight clips and measurables and “need”. And while those things play a role in assessment, you can see how this current regime evaluates “football players.”

It’s why Rodrigo got on the field in his rookie year and didn’t as much last year. If you’re going to be a Detroit Lion, you better earn your keep.

Our secondary is going to be among the best in the league next year. Legion of oom incoming …

6 Likes

Also lawsuits incoming for trademark infringement

Who sued us first…

Seattle Seahawks Richard Sherman

Or

DC Comics

Or

WWF tag team Hawk & Animal

Road Warriors Wrestling GIF by WWE

1 Like

El Nino would destroy them…

Saturday Night Live GIF

1 Like

I love the enthusiasm and optimism but the reason Rodrigo played as a rookie was because our LB room was just that horrible, bad enough that an undersized 6th round rookie took that starting spot because he knew his assignments and played disciplined.
I remember watching a video (maybe from the HBO series) of the LB coach praising Rodrigo in the LB’s meeting and telling the other guys how he’s doing what he’s supposed to, in a manner to try and wake the rest of them up.

Anyways, the reality is we’re most-likely not winning a Superbowl with 2 rookies starting in our secondary. Darius Slay took a couple of years before his light-bulb came on, I suspect this will happen with at least 1 of our picks. Can Arnold start right away?..not sure, maybe. I’m hoping our CB’s are better, on paper they are anyways.
Davis will start, not sure who that 2nd starter would be on the outside?..Amik maybe, Kindle, or possibly one of the rookies. Maybe that’s better than last year or maybe not. I guess I forgot the guy who got hurt early last year, he’s a possibility as well. Had to look it up, Emmanuel Mosely.

It will be interesting to watch this group. I hope like heck that we got better back there but I hoped we did when we drafted Westbrook and Abrams back in 1997 and I don’t think Abrams even ever played or saw the field much…now I’m depressed LOL.

Like I said, I look forward to watching this group but there’s going to be some growing pains for these rookies that might make this group still a weakness.

With better CB play, we were in the SB last year.

We traded for a CB. We signed a pair of FA CB’s. We drafted a pair of CB’s.

3 Likes

Valid point. He’s got value as backup and special teamer…occasionally at fullback. But he wouldn’t start on 95 percent of the teams in the nfl. Still a good 6th round pick though.

1 Like

The funny part about that is when Rodrigo had to step into the lineup in the playoffs due to an injury to one of the Lions LBs, there was no drop off. Against SF, he had 6 tackles, 5 of them solos, a TFL, and pass defensed. Not bad for a guy who hardly got any defensive snaps during the regular season.

2 Likes

Ultimate Warrior Sport GIF by WWE

Lions defense coming onto the field.

4 Likes

The only thing I don’t like about our CB room is that we don’t have any burners. All these guys are like 4.5. But they are definitely our kind of guys so maybe it won’t matter. I think our fastest CB is Moseley when he is healthy.

I love the best player available approach, but I’m not adverse to taking the second best player if its close and its a position that makes more sense…not that I will EVER be a GM lol.

2 Likes

1,000,000,000,000,000%

Disagree.

I think the ‘bloodbath’ mentality means, although we’ll have some rookie miscues, the competition will overcome lack of experience. This is nothing new. Rookie CBs have been making the transition to the NFL better and better in the last couple of years.

1 Like

Now open: *** 🏈 OPEN: The Den Official NFL Draft Thread: Day 3 football *** KEEP IT HERE

Yep! The beauty is, they don’t have to!
My crush on Brad just keeps growing. He has us positioned to be true contenders.

Ennis is a 4.3 guy. Ran his 40 at the combine at about 80%

1 Like

Arnold and Ennis are going to be studs! Maybe we won’t know that, this season, but, they will both be blue chip players for us.

3 Likes

I hadn’t heard that. I did hear that the groin could have affected his 40 some, but I didn’t hear 4.3…

1 Like

5 Likes

Came from Daniel Jerimah.

1 Like

■■■■ it. Brad and Dan need to roll into ford field home opener on motorcycles in full legion of doom shoulder pads and face paint. Right out the tunnel leading the players.

That would be a fitting show.

His film looks 4.4 flat easlily. He covered Nabors and BTjr well.

1 Like