Brad Holmes has ruined the draft

It’s probably just me, but I can not seem to get myself excited about the build up to the draft. Like…I would normally be doing mocks and wondering who we could get that would make an instant impact and possibly take the team over the top to a winning season.

But now…I don’t know. I just feel content knowing that Brad has this in the bag, and that the team is good enough now that we don’t have to rely on rookies. And that knowledge has kind of killed all my motivation for predraft research and mocking and whatnot.

Don’t get me wrong, I’m still excited to see who we get but it’s less like a kid at Christmas who might get a Nintendo and more like an adult at Christmas who might get a nice new pair of socks. Did you need them? Yes. Is it super exciting? Not really.

Is anyone else having a bout of predraft ennui?

18 Likes

There is definitely a different feel. For a while there I was flabbergasted that I could actually draft better than some of the GMs we’ve had as a complete amatuer. This Admin has it covered. So I can see a letdown. I haven’t done quite as much this year as the past. I’ve picked it up in the last month or so. I find that it helps me with fantasy too, lol.

5 Likes

Frickin’ Brad.

Never liked that guy.

4 Likes

I have the same feeling but it’s probably a good thing. Wifey’s birthday is on day 1 so best for my psyche that I don’t get too excited.

4 Likes

We are also at the point any rookie we draft this year is going to struggle to get on the field.

6 Likes

True to an extent…especially if everyone is healthy. But injuries are going to happen. Look at Branch last year Holmes said they weren’t sure he’d be starting when they drafted him cause we had CJGJ… he didn’t last long and Branch played all season. Good depth is so important. Same for Moseley who lasted 2 plays.

3 Likes

100% me too.

Very well put, bro. Exactly how I feel. The Super Bowl is now the lions fans Super Bowl…not the draft.

3 Likes

Letdown from Holmes means only drafting one HOF’r.

2 Likes

I would agree with everything, except I’m still excited to see who we add. I just haven’t been doing a ton of my own research and mocks and am content doing the research on the players after they are drafted.

7 Likes

Not a letdown from Brad. A let down from us having anxiety every year over the draft that makes us study these prospects. Brad has my expectations sky high so I expect two HOFers :rofl: :sunglasses:

1 Like

It’s true…only 1 hall of famer would be a let down.

Another reason we’re not as excited this year is because we don’t have the Rams 1st rounder anymore. Draft was super fun having 2 first rounders the last couple years.

Still amazes me how the Stafford trade set the whole rebuild up perfectly. We got so much talent out of that one trade…wild.

2 Likes

Serenity is the reward and fruit of having faith!

5 Likes

One of my favorite Seinfeld episodes…

serenity GIF

6 Likes

It’s definitely not me, but then again I might have a problem.

3 Likes

Nope…

Brad has me drooling over those 2 x 6th rounders. The last time we had 2 x 6th rounders we netted James Houston and Malcolm Rodriguez.

6 Likes

No me, man. I like that we’re further back in the draft because we had a very successful season. I like that our pick at 29 could go in so many different directions and the effect it has on succeeding picks. Barring news like bong hits, I’ve pretty much decided on my Den Mock Draft, which will herald the end of times if it ever matches reality.

I’ve delved more deeply into the draft process than ever before, thanks to draft sherpas like @Thats2 and @CuriousHusker among others. I acknowledge the futility of trying to predict Brad’s master plan before knowing how the draft unfolds and the available options for him. Still, it’s fun…like counting flowers on the wall.

I always anticipate and enjoy the wailing and gnashing of Den teeth on Days 1 and 2 because WTF.

It’s all good.

1 Like

What sort of socks you wanting?

I suppose I was into a little less this year. I don’t think it has anything to do with Brad though. I’m just a little older and a little lazier. I’m really glad we’re not in the Bears position. Don’t like the options they have at 1st overall.

I’m looking forward to my favorite draft pastime:

Heaping completely unrealistic expectations on our UDFA class.

3 Likes

If we bring in some of those international dudes the board might melt down from the hype.