Brad Holmes Next Trade 🔥

2025 2nd round pick + 7th round pick for DE TREY HENDRICKSON

20 sacks across from Hutch + new DB room + Davenport/Reader = Super Bowl champs

former FAU star…Follows coach Dusty May from FAU to Michigan . Follows Reader to Lions

Reunited with Glenn & MCDC

With the #32 pick in the 2025 draft the lions trade down into round 2 to recoup a 3rd round pick.

3)
3b) COMP from Glenn & Agnew for 3 straight years 2025, 2026, 2027

Use them 3rds to move up… Get used to only getting 2 good football players on draft weekend Thursday & Friday for the next few years. KEEP TRADING UP

Too expensive. Cap wise. We have so damn many to pay.

6 Likes

Yep. At this point any pickup like that attaches a guy you won’t re-sign, like McNeil.

I’m in the minority here, but if we lose Mcneil because of Trey Hendrickson + a super bowl I wouldn’t be that upset.

Next Draft is loaded for DTs and we could always tag and trade Alim McNiel

DJ Reader, Bromart year 3, Levi cheap resign & Wingo

Good start for 2026 group already

I get what you’re saying, and I like where your head is at. But I have to disagree with you on this one my brethren.

To me, Alim and Hutch are the cornerstones they talk about the same way ARSB and Penei are on offense.

The way Branch, LaPorta and Gibbs might be in a couple of years.

To me there are just some non-negotiables on this team and Alim is one of them. He’s going to spend the next year getting in even better shape and learning from Reader. In my eyes you don’t give that up unless he somehow falls off this year.

1 Like

He was one of the guys selected to model the New Jerseys. I think he’s a staple

1 Like

No thanks. Age & cost (both salary and trade compensation).

1 Like

Holmes’s next trade will be to trade up in next year’s draft for Deone Walker. :pray:

People were devastated by losing Josh Reynolds. Can you imagine if we let McNeil walk…and then trade up major capital for this super star Deone Walker

Something has to give. We won’t be able to play all the good players what they’re worth when their contracts come up. They might give a slight discount to stay here, but I suspect there will be lots of teams ready to shovel money out to some of our FAs that we can’t realistically match.

For Decker it might be reasonable to take a contract below market rate to stay here. But Alim as he’s about to get his first BIG contract in 2025? If he doesn’t extend this offseason and give a “possible injury” discount, I think we’ll have to pass in 2025 due to market realities.

We’ll see.

Alim and his agent are watching DT after DT sign massive contracts around the nfl… they are drooling like @Jman drools over comp picks.

Hungry Episode 11 GIF by The Simpsons

For sure.

I think this year was likely the last big outside URFA spend for a while. I would foresee a pivot to paying our own guys and collecting comp picks.

I can and have

I think Brad flips a 2025 7th for a preferred roster claim (per se). Good chance it’s a kicker if we don’t resolve that sufficiently before then.

They’re gonna have to let good players go, players they’d prefer to keep. No doubt about that.

I’d love to know their thinking on which guys to trade rather than pay unaffordable sums or let walk for nothing.

In fairness, we had Titus Young on the cover of our 2013 our calendar. Fun times…fun, fun, times.

1 Like

I just happen to have that calendar in my home and it’s hung it open to the December picture of Titus Young since 2013. Those who don’t remember the past are doomed to repeat it.

1 Like

“You can’t afford it.”