Brad M-F n’ Holmes! Rookie class RAS- on display

The way Houston exploded to catch Fields from behind and force that fumble was a wow moment yesterday…. Then when I watched the game again this morning I noticed something I must have overlooked yesterday- JOSH PASCHAL IS A GROW A$$ MAN!!! Of course I knew he had a good game in real time yesterday, but when I watched in slow-mo today, I noticed him looking like “what I expected” from Jalen Carter…. Then I noticed the air Hutch got on his int….

Da Problem, Hutch, and Paschal are physical freaks in very specific ways that benefit their respective positions.

Paschal- 6’3” 278…. Some thought he might be a bit of a tweener because of the time he spent playing both DT and DE at Kentucky. He ran a respectable, but not remarkable 4.77 forty…. Then you look closer….

• 37” vertical
    -10’2” broad
    -1.57 second 10 yd… that is Adrian Peterson burst score literally. Von Miller was 1.62

Da Problem- 6’ and 244 pounds with 34.5” arms… so he’s James Harrison height and weight, but his arms are longer than 6’7” LT Evan Neal!!! You see a 4.77 forty and think… meh- Then you look closer….
-39” vertical
-1.56 sec 10 yard…… Patrick Peterson had a 38” vertical and a 1.57 second 10 yard! Da Problem also has a better vertical and 10 yd split than OBJ and Adrian Peterson….

Hutch- 6’6” and 268…. His 10 yd split, 3 cone, and vertical have him in a similar athletic profile to TJ Watt and Von Miller- and his football instincts combined with his height, and hops have made him a throwing lane nightmare….

• 36” vertical
  • 1.61 sec 10 yard
  • faster 3 cone and shuttle than Micah Parsons, by a lot

These 3 guys are almost test tube creations for getting pressure and TFL….

Imagine being a 6’6” LT with 33.5” arms, and trying to block Da Problem at 6’ tall with 34.5” arms and 1.56 burst? His first step, and his bed are physiological disadvantage to most any LT… he’s faster than OBJ or AP for 10 yards!!!

Watching Paschal chest strike and bull rush was beyond impressive. It seemed like he was getting into the linemen’s body in a flash, and when I looked up his RAS, it made sense. He’s got a faster 10 td split than Deandre Swift, and same as AP…. Paschal is a 280 pound man who moves like a freaking 210 rb for 10 yards, and out jumped Swift too

• all 3 on the field together is damn tough to block. They could end up with a combined 20 sacks despite 15 combined missed games. WOW

• I wonder if we get a 330 monster who does 35 reps this year to anchor the middle? We could certainly use some 6’2” with sub 4.4 speed in the secondary.

19 Likes

■■■■ yea. And they are all healthy and playing next week. I want to see Erin sacked eight times. Future memes of him crying about it to the refs will be welcome

10 Likes

This is not by accident. As a former DL himself and as someone on the scouting staff for Aaron Donald, burst and reaction time are very important to Holmes. He knows what it takes to get off on the ball and height along with 40 time are not the most important metrics that so many other staffs fall in love with.

Levi has impressive burst as well and why he was chosen where he was. Still have very slight hope he becomes a dominant DL for the Lions but his window is closing and the drafting of Pascal and the emergence of Houston make him more expendable and looking like a write-off at this point.

10 Likes

man prevails GIF

3 Likes

woooooord

Keele Ringo
Bijan
Mazi Smith
JL Skinner
Andrew Voorhees

That would be a freaks list draft

3 Likes

Ringo Starr
Dijon Mustard
Mazi Starr
Principal Skinner
Jason Vorehees

5 Likes

It’s my belief anyone convicted of banging the table for Malik Willis at 2OA should be suspended from mock drafts for one draft :rofl: :rofl:

Then again you may rally?

8 Likes

Not me… I called him an unstaffed free agent who would accidentally get drafted.

1 Like

Shit that would be a haul!! lol

Dijon Mustard has incredible agility and GRIT!

Dumb And Dumber Ketchup GIF

1 Like

Brad likes his RAS!

And that’s not counting Jamo, who I think is pretty fast.

1 Like

WestCoastLionsFanVIP

Mar '22

I’ve watched a couple of Willis’ games and I just don’t see what people are so excited about. He looks like the best athlete on the field at a small school. You could use him like New Orleans used Hill, more of a gimmick than a real QB.

I could see taking him in the 3rd if he’s available but the #2 overall talk is crazy. He’s not NFL starter material.

WestCoastLionsFanVIP

Phunnypharm

Mar '22

If he wanted to play RB in NFL I might consider taking him in the 2nd round. If he insists on playing QB then I wouldn’t consider him until the 3rd.

1 Like

He’s a RAS clown.

Backin that RAS up.

[quote=“thunderbuzzworth, post:13, topic:20463”]
Backin that RAS up.
/quote[]

LOL - Nice reference man

1 Like

1 Like

I would like more than anything to see this DL do that to a non-trash offensive line like the Packers. Do that to their LT and Jenkins and I’ll be impressed.

This topic was automatically closed 240 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.