Brady Quinn on the Detroit Lions Offseason and Camps

to me Brady Quinn was just being real about our immediate return to glory, I say yeah we have the pieces in place to do it, but actually making that kind of run -fast-? The team has to prove they can do it.

2 Likes
1 Like

I find it funny how terrible qb’s are always the expert to bring on to talk to.

Dan O, Brady Quinn, Carr, etc etc. Surprised Joey Harrington isn’t an analyst. Too much piano time I guess.

1 Like

Joey works CFB for one of the channels/networks.

3 Likes

He’s a sports anchor in one of the third world countries as well. I can’t remember the exact country though…maybe Canada.

:smirk:

3 Likes

Of course he does. My theory checks out again. Tebow another one.

Don’t forget about Chris Simms! He may be the king of the lousy QB analyst heap.

I dunno about the rest of em, but I gotta say Joey seems to be living one heck of a nice life. Chilling in his home town where he’s still a hero with his family commenting on Ducks football. Enjoy it piano man, it ain’t your fault Millen thought you’d be the savior and then had miserable draft after miserable draft and hired absolute turds to coach the team.

3 Likes

if you can’t do, teach.

1 Like

But he’s still

2 Likes

It’s interesting, because bad QBs tend to become better coaches than good ones. I mean, can you name a single good QB who ever went on to be a good coach?

But bad QBs? There’s a ton of them. Sean Payton, Matt LaFleur, Shane Steichen, Mike Shanahan, Kevin O’Connell, Zac Taylor, Bruce Arians, Gary Kubiak, Mike Holmgren, Jim Harbaugh, Sam Wyche, Bill Walsh, Dick Vermeil, Joe Gibbs, Mike Zimmer, Doug Pederson, Jason Garrett, Jon and Jay Gruden, Weeb Ewbank, on and on and on.

I suppose you could make a special category for guys who skated by as stars until they were found out at the NFL level (Quinn, Simms, Leinart, etc…). The above list of QBs who became coaches were rarely “the man” and had to work for everything they got.

“Five quarterbacks in the Pro Football Hall of Fame – Sammy Baugh, Bob Wakefield, Norm Van Brocklin, Otto Graham and Bart Starr – went on to coach in the NFL and all five had losing records. Only Starr, with Green Bay, reached the postseason.”

Sounds about right… harbaugh was probably the most accomplished as a qb that had success as a HC but meh.

Generally speaking someone that is average at something relative to peers is:

A:) far more likely to be cognizant of the we over the I than a natural virtuoso

B:). more diligent than that virtuoso. Someone that does not have a natural gift for something but grinds is far more likely to develop the qualities required for great leadership (perseverance, patience, determination, adaptability, etc)

It’s not just coaching. It’s life. From our struggle emerges our strengths.

1 Like

It’s actually pretty rare you find ANY great players who go on to be great coaches, in any sport. It happens from time to time (Larry Bird was pretty damn good), but I definitely think there’s sort of a fundamental lack of understanding about what goes on at the bottom or rosters by stars.

For sure. “Just do it the way I did it,” is not really gonna work as a coaching style.

Here’s a baseball example… the Blue Jays hitting coach is Don Mattingly. Since he’s joined the Jays, the hitters have got worse and worse and even worse. Don was a great hitter but he sure can’t coach. Smh fire him asap. End rant. :joy:

Plus he needs to shave his sideburns.