Brady retires, for real this time

https://twitter.com/AdamSchefter/status/1620772862897573890?s=20&t=EyS2B9eQKYFl0R4BY4MVAA

Also 1:15 PM hasn’t happened yet, but click on the tweet and you can see the real time of posting at 7:15 AM.

Should’ve stayed retired last year.

3 Likes

This is a good thing for the Lions, potentially means another QB getting drafted higher than they should

4 Likes

Anyone in the Bucs secondary/defense you’d be interested in trading for?

Devin White perhaps?

I’d take Vita Vea off their hands.

1 Like

Saw him on Fox news There is a vid out its real

I wonder if he makes the hall of fame?

2 Likes

Jamel Dean is supposed to be a FA isn’t he. Big body CB that can run

Let the record show that Matthew Stafford did, in fact, steal his soul.

4 Likes

The Bucs are another team that has wrecked their salary cap trying to get a few rings with Brady. Now they are in a better situation to turn their cap around in just a couple years as they haven’t pushed a ton of money beyond 2023. They are currently 55mil over the cap though They can cut a few key players to free up some cap room (Donavan Smith 10mil, Shaq Mason 5mil, Succop 3.25mil, Fournette 3.5mi). Those are all major contributors that are still playing at a reasonable level for them, but lets say they cut them all and save about 22mil. They will be forced to do exactly what the Saints had to do and start restructuring contracts and pushing money into future years.

It will either be that or a fire sale, which is the correct thing to do for a proper rebuild in their situation. Get rid of anyone over the age of 28 that can get you cap savings and/or trade value. They are staring down 2-3 years of a rebuild, but they would come out in a very good cap situation and hopefully with a lot of young talent if they draft well.

Tom Brady’s 2022

GIF by South Park

2 Likes

Fascinating stuff to watch. The guy should have shaved his head 2 offseasons ago. Ahh well…We all cling to our “ways” & stories.

2 Likes

Wait til the Tom Brady clone hits the NFL.

2 Likes

It might have saved his marriage. Happy Trails Tom, your career in broadcasting is likely going to be a snooze.

Did he want to save his marriage? Guy is the perfect age to take over Hugh Hefner’s old job at the mansion.

3 Likes

If that was the goal, he would have shaved the cranium, bro.

1 Like

This is great. I don’t know if I could take another offseason of plastic surgery.

We will see in a few weeks

2 Likes

I thought he would be tempted the 49ers job and it looked like the stars were aligning for him, but I guess not. Unretiring after this would be pretty Brett Favrish. You never want to go full Brett Favre.

6 Likes

Sticking Devin White into the middle of our defense would be a coup. He did not have a particularly inspiring season on an old and underperforming team. But he hasn’t even turned 25 yet and produced one of the most ferocious seasons we’ve seen from a LB since Ray Lewis when the Bucs won it all a couple years ago. In the right environment at that age he can absolutely regain top form. Dan Campbell would unlock that alpha attack dog again no problem. Would Vikings’ second rounder get it done?

1 Like

I’d take Winfield jr.

1 Like

Him playing inspires …next to Rodrigo. Culture of violence & aggression. He was amazing in that SB run.

Lots of interesting stuff going on, this offseason.

Still…I expect Holmes to keep it pretty low key & win through the draft. I think we’ll have to be patient with the talent acquisition phase. Craft through the the draft, bruh!

Love the idea though. Holmes will most likely surprise us in some way, shape or form. It will most likely look very pedestrian & underwhelming in the moment…but prove genius later.