Brandon Sosna Future

Anyone else notice how much Brandon Sosna has gotten a lot of shout outs from Brad and Rod over the last week? It certainly seems like he is heavily relied upon in that front office, and has future GM potential. I wonder if Ray Agnew leaves for a GM job eventually if Brandon will be in line for an assistant GM role? Or maybe he will replace Disner if he ever leaves? It seems more likely that he will get offered a job at another team and jump on the opportunity.

1 Like

What a world we live in where we are worried about the detroit lions losing assistant coaches and front office staff. Love it, want to hear people say they are trying to follow the lions path over the next decade as we have a run like New England

7 Likes

Even better… we live in a world where super talented staff members are turning down promotions to leave. Because they are so happy here that they dont want to risk losing that happiness they have found here.

Ben Johnson is having the time of his life here. He said why try to out happy a happy situation?

Brad and Dan are building something really special. A place where coaches and players dont want to leave.

5 Likes

Ya that is unbelievable… i am also curious (maybe it should be a different topic) but how many media experts are going to continue to bash the lions moves or do they start to take on that old patriot coverage approach of “they know better than me”. Just interested in if holmes has a draft like last year will he get blasted in the post draft again or are they going to slant towards the former?

2 Likes

I expect the media to still doubt us some this year… maybe not as bad as last year following the draft.

For example - one of the top 2 dts fall to us in the 1st… we take him and get blasted because he have alim and reader.

While on on the subject i would still take the giant DT Sweat in round 2. Reader will only be here 2 years and Sweat is a rotational piece anyway. Personally i want to see what he becomes in the pros with proper nutrition and weight room ethics.

2 Likes

My impression from watching Ray Agnew pressers and without nearly enough information is that his management and communication skills are lacking. I think he’s fine as an evaluator, but should he get a bounce from working closely with the genius of Brad and find himself as the GM of another team, I think Agnew will be a classic case of the Peter principle.

Look it up before you make too many jokes, guys… :sunglasses: :sunglasses: :sunglasses:

2 Likes

Or maybe Brad is living off of Agnew’s evaluation genius. Not that I believe that but I just don’t think there is anyway to handicap how good of a GM Ray will be. Personally I don’t care much about humus public speaking.

2 Likes

Season 4 Episode 10 GIF by The Office

1 Like

There you go with your beans fixation again…

1 Like

I feelaful about that mistake. Going to wallow in my own self-pita.

2 Likes

Just make sure it’s a Kafta Pita not a Dennis Pitta

comedy central workaholics season 1 finale GIF by Workaholics

1 Like

Brandon is the guy right under / with Disner. Spielman said as much in that in-depth interview last year so that is my understanding.

When the cap-man leaves, the cap-boy steps in.

I agree. I’ve wondered this for a while, has there ever been a former Detroit Lions, non interim, HC who became the HC of a different NFL team? It seems like Schwartz needs to be a HC again, I’m surprised he hasn’t been hired as one yet. Also, Caldwell should have been hired but his window may have closed.

He is a cap guy not a personal guy so I don’t think he will ever get a GM job. Maybe he would get a president job like a Rod Wood.

Rod Wood is my best friend.