Breaking Down The Defensive Depth Chart

So fifth ranked CB is not a star yet cus he now is a Lion Sutton I think was rated 5
We added the best UF in CJ he is stud at S or Nickle

Its a Team game not a all star game

Great points. If CJGJ can bring that same ball hawk mentality - and Kerby can get even more comfortable…. We could be looking at an opportunistic D. I love those. They don’t always rank top 10, but you can win with a D that wins you the turnover battle.

1 Like

Is Julian Okwara still on the roster?

Nonfactor?

2 Likes

IMO it’s an uphill battle for him to make the roster at this point. Others may reasonably disagree tho.

4 Likes

We are…

Great at DE and SLB as our rush and run stuffer combos, depth and upside are awesome

Bad at DT as we aren’t deep, and don’t really have a difference maker… however a simple signing like Shelby Harris and some meaningful snaps from Levi and we are in solid shape… OR we simply draft Adebawore, J Carter, or K Benton?

Okay at LB- we got better at LB when we got healthier at DL… We also got better when Rodrigo got more experience, and even Barnes started playing better… A little more depth would be nice- I like how AA finished the year…

Our CB rooms is very talented, but a lot of guys have something to prove too! Could be a great room, but will at least be a good one…

Our Safety room is awesome… Not sure there are more than 2-3 teams that have a better top 3 safeties?

Yep, he is! Entering last year of his rookie deal. He’s gonna be in a real battle to make the 53 man roster, odds stacked against him a bit I think. We just have so many edge guys, especially after restructuring Romeo and Harris. Julian may lose his roster spot due to his brothers pay cut. That would be tough

2 Likes

Alim & Buggs had 87 tackles between them. Not great but not terrible either. Both are under contract for the next 2 years. If Carter is able to convince Brad & Dan that his troubles are behind him and he’s ready to get to work, he would be a nice addition. I’m not convinced at this point that he’s been able to do that.

I expect Swift to not miss much time at all as I see Montgomery getting the Lion’s share of the carries.

Montgomery = 250 carries at 5 yards a clip

2 Likes

The hard part may be keeping CJGJ and Kerby from trucking each other as they both go for the ball.

I can see it now. CJGJ and Kerby collide and take each other out for the season due to injury…SOL.

Careful, bro. Good luck baby is young & we are still not sure how he handles this sort of shiit. Hoping he doesn’t put a curse on you…I’m thinking he won’t, but he hasn’t learned to speak yet & is just going purely off of reading energy.

Just remember → the football Gods love us now. That’s all we neex to know.

1 Like

I expect big things out of Swift. Unless we resign Chark he is the only playmaker we have on offense. He is in a contract year and no shoulder injury it’s his time to shine. I know nobody values a RB but with him healthy we were the no 1 offense without him NE shut us out and Dallas destroyed us. Early in the season we had Hockenson and later we had Chark and now we have neither. We need playmakers! Flowers, Musgrave, Gibbs, Achane

:muscle: :sunglasses:

Gibby, Mont-G, Swift → all can make 'em pay.
JaMoss can make 'em pay huge too.
Hope we get the land Chark back too. Bradley will work it out.

1 Like

I just don’t want to count on Jamo until he does it on the field

1 Like

I heard a rumor he said his first words just the other day - “Fook the Packers”

Love this kid more and more every day

2 Likes

They owe us

1 Like

Brad and Dan ARE the football gods

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 240 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.