Bresee šŸŠ

In the snaps I saw I thought Bresee looked really good. I saw him disrupt a number of plays using a pretty awesome swim move and other moves. I did not watch the TV be whole game but I liked what I saw.

I love that we might have the choice between Carter and Bresee.

In terms of LBer Holmes might make a choice at any point in the draft. I believe that Holmes prefers a deep and talented DL and CBS and Safeties who can cover AND tackle. My best guess is we finish the DL and then invest in the secondary before Holmes works on LBers.

Think about a DL like this:
Carter/Bresee, Hutch, Alim, Levi O., Paschal, Romeo Okwara, Buggs (re-signed, vet. Min.) and a re-signed Benito Jones (vet. min.). That is a winning group. Only 1 guy on a second contract.

Edge looks like:
James Houston, Charles Harris and Julian Okwara. Only one guy on a veteran contract.

That is the beginning of a serious defensive turn around.

Bresee is a serious leap of faith since he was out of shape and hot dog crap all season long. I mean heā€™s a nice guy but so was Joey Harrington. If it works out great, but yeah I donā€™t know where he goes in the draft. I donā€™t follow Clemson close enough but the fans donā€™t have a lot of good things to say about his play.

3 Likes

I think the chances of Carter are long gone now with ā– ā– ā– ā– ā– ā– ā–  Baker winning 2 meaningless games for Rams. Screw you Baker.

Aaron Donald fell to 13. Below Eric Ebron at 10.

1 Like

Fully understand being wary of Bresee. Heā€™s had some issues, many uncontrollable for his career. Hard to take a shot on him.
But that upsideā€¦ his ceiling is the moon.
I could understand taking him with our second first rounder, and I could see him slipping to the 2nd round. Either way, Iā€™d be happy taking a chance on him.

1 Like

He did play really well as a Freshman. Since then heā€™s dealt with all sorts of adversity.

But yes, both he and Murphy are high risk-high reward types.

Yeah that was one of the get-you-out-of-your-chair plays on his tape. He has a few of those.

Aaron Donald rose to 13. Before the Senior Bowl he was barely being mocked in the 1st round.

5 Likes

Must be a trait guy, because he sure as heck isnā€™t a stat guy.

Holmes was there when the Rams took a middle LB with a 1st round pick. I think we need to put the Rams drafting habits into proper perspective. First, they havenā€™t made a single 1st round pick since they drafted Jared Goff in 2016. So of course they havenā€™t taken a LB in the 1st round. Second, they appear to have leaned hard into taking offensive lineman and RBs with their first few picks in each draft. So where will Brad invest his early picks if its not offensive lineman and RBs? I think we feel comfortable saying that he will keep taking defensive lineman early. He also seems to like DBs early. I wouldnā€™t discount LB, if the right guy is available at the right spot.

2 Likes

We canā€™t say. Holmes was an evaluator with the Rams. He was never GM and never made a draft pick for them.

2 Likes

Not really seeing this, he looks stiff and lumbering in his movements.

1 Like

ā€¦itā€™s what we do. Get the c3iling out of players, and itā€™s how we win long term!

Keep on building through the draft, brother Brad

1 Like

After watching what Houston is doing how many scouts are studying up on hbcu players this off-season?

3 Likes

I agree and I have a feeling he feels the same way about RB and G.

ā€¦There will be NFL scouts following Bradā€™s guys all over the country. LOL

1 Like

It ainā€™t easy being Bresee.

Super Bowl Football GIF by Cheetos

2 Likes

Some info on Keion Whiteā€¦" * Made Bruce Feldmanā€™s Freakā€™s List - ranked #20. He wrote ā€œWhite was a devastating player for Old Dominion in 2019, making 19 TFLs. He was 265 then. He transferred to Tech, but then suffered an ankle injury that sidelined him. Heā€™s now 6-4, 290, and primed to be a problem for ACC teams. White has hit 21 mph despite being almost 300 pounds. He also has vertical-jumped 32 inches and done 38 reps of 225 on the bench press.ā€

3 Likes

That could be entertaining

2 Likes

Yeah Yote been talking about this guy. He is already moving up boards.