Brian Branch…

Definitely my favourite pick in this draft…forget the measurables, this kid’s a gamer. Can’t believe he was still available in the 2nd …

8 Likes

Some on this board were big into Achane as a possible round 2-3 target…

Watching the Branch highlights made me look up the game log. A game had 4 catches for 5 yards. 20 touches for 65 yards.

I’m glad we got B Branch

7 Likes

Love the Branch pickup…what’s crazy is he might be coming off the bench and playing special teams this year, that’s how deep the secondary is.

Branch reminds me of the honey badger.

7 Likes

I wonder why he fell as much as he did?

4 Likes

What a steal, and we jumped NE who loves high character versatile guys and WAS who loves Bama and went DB first two picks…they took nickel/S star DB Martin.

2 Likes

He really doesn’t have the speed to play outside so his position value is less than the true CBs. I think we value the Position more than other teams. He should take over when CGJ leaves next year. I’m glad we picked him he is a baller.

5 Likes

Don’t care what the “journalists” rate our draft.
I love it. We added talent and built in depth, everywhere.
We were already a complete team. Now, we’re deep, too.

7 Likes

Best tackling S in the draft. Nuff said.

5 Likes

People are coming around to like the players we got once they got over the “positional value” hurdle.

I’ve heard/read a couple of pundits who shuffled our first 4 picks to where they “should” have been slotted. And then they liked our draft. They did that mostly by putting Branch into the first round.

Whatever.

7 Likes

the angles he takes in high lights are perfect

1 Like

Branch is a super smart and savy player who makes perfect form tackles. He’ll be an impact starter before long.

1 Like

I love that he stayed at the draft green room into the second day. Ate that humble pie a bit and will very likely use it as motivation. I think he and ARSB could be fast friends.

8 Likes

That is one of the best DB highlight reels I’ve seen . Absolutely love him!!

1 Like

I’m having flashbacks to one of my favorites!
Bennie Blades Part II

1 Like

If ARSB were a defensive player, Branch is what he would be. Two phenomenal cornerstones of football character to build around.

10 Likes

:boom: great analogy

1 Like

I watched a bit on Branch coming into the draft and was impressed but now I am circling back to see where he fits with the Lions. He will be perfect in the slot blitzing the edge. Never seen a safety that hits like this guy. Watch this highlight film, first 10 highlights are literally him lighting up people. I have no idea how well he does on coverage but his downhill tackling is elite. Very excited to see how we utilize him on defense and special teams.

5 Likes

ST contributor from day one.

1 Like

IMO this pick saved our draft for me.

3 Likes

Three years from now, I think everyone will look back and call this the steal of the draft.

4 Likes