Brodric Martin looking to 'be an impact player' in 2024

3 Likes

How about you improve your snapcount first

2 Likes

At the very least, he needs to be a notable player in 2024. You don’t give up multiple picks for a guy who barely plays.

3 Likes

" Even before his rookie season, Martin acknowledged his pad level and playing strength needed to improve."

At least he and I agree on what he needs to work on!

5 Likes

Being on the active roster for the games would be a good first step. :joy:

3 Likes

Lot of snaps open at NT with Buggs & Bohanna gone & Alulau not likely to be back

1 Like

He was always a project pick. Looking forward to see what he brings in 2024.

2 Likes

100%!
I have faith in Brad! This guy will be a good player this year, & a stone cold killer next.

1 Like

The staff said straight out of the gate that he was a project.
They see intangibles and a guy that can be coached.
If he can have a “Mac” type off-season, he could be a real beast.
His pad level issues are because of his weight. If the training staff can help him lose 50 pounds, that problem will be fixed.

1 Like

50? Lose 25 lbs. of girth and turn the rest into man strength muscle.

1 Like

Agreed.

I’m super high on Big BM going into next year.

I think a full offseason of NFL-caliber nutritionists, strength & conditioning advisors, and technique coaching will put him significantly ahead of where he currently is.

I expect his snap count to go way up next year.

If I had to predict, I would bet the first half or 2/3 of the season will be mediocre, with the light bulb coming on later in the season with experience.

Playing NT in the NFL is a man’s job. Let’s allow the kid to grow a few whiskers before writing him off.

2 Likes

I didn’t realize until now that Brodric was from The Simpsons. This totally explains the slow acclimation process.

1 Like

Hulk Hogan Freedom GIF

I had very little expectations for him. I think he would fill the run stuffer role, but Benito Jones was better than expected.

He has a high motor, freakishly long arms with a massive frame, and has sneaky good athleticism for his size. Sure he is a dart throw, but there are traits that can’t be taught with a high motor.

Brad has shown time and time again he has an eye for talent and this staff has done a very good job of developing talent. I’d say there is a much higher likelihood of him being a solid contributor than otherwise.

1 Like

…& the Lions are hitting on other levels too
The way we develop talent allows us to take skilled players who may be projects and develop them. It’s part of why I believe in both Bro-Mart and Hook. Wait’ll we see what Barnes evolves into… Iffy… etc

Our medical staff appears to be dramatically improved also → possible better evaluation of &/or more confidence in taking an injured player because of reduced recovery time?

1 Like

Martin was drafted knowing what he brought to the table would take a few years to develop. The GM (Brad Holmes) literally said that he couldn’t contribute in Year 1, but hold tight.

1 Like

Martin is the Iffy/Barnes of that draft.

2 Likes

It’s Divine!

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.