Broncos seek to interview Aaron Glenn for head coach

“wHy wOuLd aNyBoDy iNtErViEw gLeNn? hAw-hAw-hAw!”

3 Likes

When I brought up the idea that Glenn may be gone this offseason, I had several fans of his tell me he wouldn’t even get an interview.

1 Like

nervous spongebob squarepants GIF

Posted this in the other thread so I will do so here

6 Likes

See my thread. And he’s the first confirmed interview request in the NFL.

:joy:

2 Likes

No he isn’t. They’ve requested to interview a lot of other people, and the Jags have requested as well.

Now if you’re saying he’s the first one that’s actually getting an interview, then I’m panicking.

I mean we gave up 50 points just last week to the Seahawks. And 80 points in the last 2 games.

Good for Glenn though.

nervous spongebob squarepants GIF

Would be typical Lions luck if he got the job.

That would be a major bummer, especially since we’d get no comp pick for him after only 1 year.

A Rodg is gonna pick his coach…

And it’ll be Mike Tomlin.

2 Likes

nervous GIF

2 Likes

I really don’t see the Broncos replacing a defensive coach in Fangio with another defensive coach with a far inferior resume to the one they just fired.

But, anything is possible. Glenn sounds like a standup dude with a great work ethic. He may very well impress during the interview.

4 Likes

Some would argue the Lions’ performance on defense this year, with what they had to work with, should have teams lining up.

The NFL generally these days is about snagging the young up-and-coming guy, even a bit early.

1 Like

I’ll tell you what if he goes, give me Fangio in Detroit asap!

1 Like

“wHy wOuLd aNyBoDy iNtErViEw gLeNn? hAw-hAw-hAw!”
[/quote]

It may be because they are required to interview a minority.

2 Likes

Or what about pleasant Pleasant getting a promotion? But yeah I wouldn’t be upset with Fangio.

Also, consider what Glenn would be walking into… is Denver a situation he really wants to walk into, now? He said he wanted to be the best DC Detroit has ever seen… I think regardless of who wants him, he too is going to consider the potential for success in a HC position and not just jump at the first team that throws him a bone

1 Like

Pleasant would def be considered. I still think AG will be our DC next year.

2 Likes

Same here… Glenn will do the interview rounds for sure for experience… but I am trusting in the commitment to this team and the staff to keep things status quo for another year… because if you have confidence in your ability to do a job, your personal expectation is you get even better at your job and become one of the best… so he doesn’t need to jump at an opportunity this year, if in fact he believes he’ll only get better and have more offers in the upcoming years