Broncos Set For Big Revival?

Payton is definitely one of the better coaches out there, especially on offense. He made the Saints into a legit winning team for a long time and they suffered after him.

The big question is how fast can he do it and will he be able to bring Wilson back from the brink?

No matter what I expect the Broncos to be a much better team. He will get them playing better on Offense and the Defense was already good.

As to Wilson… I’ve never loved his game. He is accurate. He has some scramble ability but isn’t a runner, especially anymore. He was going through personal issues that he may be working past.

If anyone can make it easy for Wilson, it’s Payton. People wrote off Goff after McVay. Wilson has some potential to return to pro-bowl form under a better coach.

If not, Payton can probably find a Backup QB type and maximize them.

Probably at 7-10 win team. Everyone has this team as an easy win for the Lions but I don’t think it will be. It’s late in the season so the Broncos will have time to get themselves better much like the Lions have done the last 2 second half of the season.

4 Likes

I think we all can see what a difference coaching makes. Denver will definitely be improved.

1 Like

Russ has for 3 years had long stretches of suck w better coaching and weapons. Be nice to be in that stretch

Nine wins maybe?

I am hoping they are out of the playoff race by Dec and we are hot on it!

Will be a good game ni matter what omho

Russ was terrible last year, but the whole offfense was in shambles, it was a group effort. I’d imagine Payton wouldn’t have taken the job if he didn’t think he could turn Russ around. Will it work? Really don’t know. Russ doesn’t move like he used to and only takes off running a couple times per game now, it’s made things a lot easier on defenses to prepare for him. The key will be getting J-Will healthy and getting the running game going, if they can do that Russ will have a good chance to improve. Payton has had very successful ground games as a playcaller over the years.