Bruce Irvin knew from experience with Raiders that Derek Carr would get “rattled”

Kinda the opposite of Goff who is

3 Likes

Man, I still think we are under appreciating this move. It could flame out, but I think for the stretch, Irvin will be a difference maker.

8 Likes

He can give us what we got from Houston last year, QB pressure on limited snaps. We don’t need him out there setting the edge on running downs. 3rd and long is where we badly need help.

2 Likes

And I love how the leadership slow rolls bringing this guy and the like of Jamo into the starting line up slowly….

For the long game!

1 Like

I like how he says he “knew from experience.” That’s exactly what we need. Guys who have experience, that know how and what to do in big moments because they’ve been there before.

they go any slower with jamo he’ll be able to re-enter the draft

1 Like

This probably isn’t gonna help his fine lol

Maybe but I love his honesty in it all

• admits he was old school instinctively as he hasn’t been in the field in a while.
  • admits in todays game it was wrong.
  • admits he was talked to about needed corrections…
  • admits he will change accordingly!

Love it

5 Likes

He showed in 1 game what we’ve been missing all year with James Houston being out.

That juice across from Hutch on the other side

3 Likes

Somewhat related:

5 Likes

I watched a segment on the hit Leonard Marshal put on Joe Montana the other day….
Probably would have gotten a lifetime ban :joy:

It was a low risk move that already helped us win 1 game. Hope he’s got some more in tank.

Like another poster said…we just need Bruce on 3rd downs. We don’t need him playing big snap numbers. Keep him fresh and release the dog on passing downs

1 Like

I am a huge believer in power rushers. But its clear as day the best running mate for Hutch is a speed rusher. Particularly the way the interior of our line plays with discipline.

2 Likes

Teams double Hutch at a ridiculous rate. So really for a guy like Irvin or Houston… good chance you are being single blocked. Gotta make them pay for that.

2 Likes

When I went back and watched the film on the Chiefs game, it was interesting how Houston screwed up the “timing” of the offense. Even when he didn’t get a clean rush, Mahomes had to “account for him” in his head and make a subtle move in the pocket. When Houston was in the game and got “depth” in his pass rush quickly, suddenly the way AG had the other 3 guys rushing the passer made sense. Without Houston it was just Hutch getting double teamed and the other guys on a slow boat from China to the QB.

Here is a random example. Look at the first snapshot and how comfortable Mahomes is, standing in a perfectly formed pocket while Hutch is being assaulted. Notice that the receivers are well down field and into their breaks. The play is already fully developed and we haven’t gotten a single rusher anywhere close to Patrick.

Now check this one out. AG dials up a stunt that gets one of our DTs a free run at Mahomes. But with Hutch being held and ZERO pressure from the backside, its a moot point and Mahomes gets off a pass easily. Look at how bad Charles Harris did on this play. He basically didn’t even get passed the line of scrimmage. That’s how bad he was stonewalled.

Okay, here is my last one picking on Charles Harris (he deserves it). Our DT (#91) shakes his guy and has a free run at Mahomes. Hutch is making his way as well. But since Harris is so damn far away from the quarterback, Mahomes once again gets off an easy pass.

3 Likes

Gotta move on from Charles Harris he needs to be in a strict 3-4 OLB

1 Like

Maybe Houston is the answer long term if we get him healthy. If not we gotta add a flame thrower in free agency or the draft.

Imagine Josh Allen opposite Hutch. He’s hitting free agency. He’s on pace for 20 sacks this year.

1 Like

Just steal both of the Jaguars premium pass rushers

I like it

1 Like

Then again they likely tag Allen. But adding an end with pass rushing skills is clearly needed next year

Until he is actually tagged, and off the market, I’m gonna continue to dream. Hes one of those game wreckers that would probably push this team into the elite category.

2 Likes