BS Season is Upon Us

Rumor is that they have initiated a new employee transition portal for all the NFL players that are losing their eyesight and or going blind!!

It’s the referee’s portal!! :crazy_face::stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye::boom::poop::joy:

It is but have you seen the yards per play splits w/ and w/o Deebo?

Oh I know he makes them tick, but if they think they can replicate some of that with Mitchell, Legette, Corley, etc… - after a year in their system - I think they could definitely go that route. It’s Shanahan. He’s produced good offenses without a Deebo-type elsewhere.

Corley or Washington would be their best bet. But Deebo is 1of1 IMO.

Brugler’s final haul for Detroit:

2 (44). Zach Frazier, G/C, West Virginia
2 (61). Braden Fiske, DT, Florida State
3 (73). Ja’Lynn Polk, WR, Washington
3 (77). Caelen Carson, CB, Wake Forest
5 (164). Braiden McGregor, Edge, Michigan
6 (201). Will Reichard, K, Alabama
6 (205). Sione Vaki, S, Utah
7 (249). Johnny Dixon, CB, Penn State

3 Likes

I think we should hire a magician/mentalist to infiltrate the Bears organization. I just want someone to use slight of hand to replace their draft card on the way to the commissioner.

With the 1st overall pick in the 2024 NFL Draft

The Chicago Bears Select

Punter - Austin McNamara - Texas Tech

This is a sec panther prediction here.

zach dorsey GIF

I dont hate it especially the Fiske/Polk/McGregor selections

I was thinking I don’t see Brad trading down to add more picks because I don’t think there is really a lot of room on the roster at this point. So give me four studs and trade up not down if necessary.

However, Brugler’s picks hit all the right notes and those selections would be great fits in terms of remaining roster question marks. Good job there.

Bears card should say Vonte Mack

No matter what

Barton is a guy I had earmarked for the Lions at 29, among others, early in the process but it appears that there’s no way he’s making it to 29 now.

Here’s an interesting one, anonymous, to Walterfootball (who is generally one of the best sources for rumors, etc…).

On Kool-Aid McKinstry:

2 Likes

Me to Dane.

jeff bridges opinion GIF

I always think you’re paying an Alabama tax when you go for Alabama players. Kool-Aid would definitely qualify in the 1st. Although I think we got a deal on Branch.

3 Likes

I’m fine with it. Probably a B draft where I’m coming from. Think it’s good value throughout but I don’t see much star upside outside of Frazier and perhaps Vaki on a moonshot.

There are a lot of useful players in there and as I stated in another thread I do be believe our ability to find competent players on the cheap in order to subsidize our soon to be top heavy roster will be crucial to keeping our window open as long as possible.

If that’s the case, he’s off of the Brad/Dan list for sure.

2 Likes

Over the last three drafts, the Lions have drafted 5 Pro Bowlers, the Cowboys have drafted 4, and no one else has drafted more than 2.

2 Likes

That is pretty impressive when you consider they likley have had to drafter later.

I mean the Lions have had some really good picks the last few years as far as high on the draft board (top15 picks). So they should have done well. I just think overall Holmes has done a nice job of stacking competitive players on the roster.

I do think things are about to get tougher for him. A Rodrigo level player would likely struggle to make this team now. So he was an example of a great pick when the Lions were so thin. Now he would be a bubble player at best (and is now).

1 Like

LOL - or…a mole like the one we have in Minnesota :wink: