Building a new PC

My gosh… the white space. The white space. That just hurts my brain.

1 Like

I picked up an 65" LG C1 OLED a few months ago. It is so much better than a Gigabyte Aorus F127Q that I purchased last year (only use it for work now). I don’t think I could go back to a monitor at this point.

1 Like

I make and edit a lot of video so usually I have 3 applications open at once and the window isnt fully open like that lol. Gaming is amazing too if the games support ultrawide. When I get my VR set up Ill show it here.

Nice dude. Oled is the best. I just bought a new TV, first one in 14 years, but I got the 85" 8K samsung qn900 Qled. It’s pretty darn acceptable so far. For those thinking it in your heads, no you don’t need 8K, its pretty useless right now. I’m basically future proofing because I dont want to buy another TV for ten years at least.

1 Like

I don’t get the point of 8k. I thought the eye couldn’t tell the difference unless it was a monster screen (85-100") and even the 3090 struggles at 4k 144 fps. I think we’re a long ways away from 8k.

1 Like

Its an 85", and like I said Im not planning on buying another for 10-15 years. So Im future proofing hopefully. Youre right though. That is just a TV btw, not for my PC.

Windows is smart enough w/ my standard width monitors to automatically split screens into 2 (left/right) or quarters if I so desire. But for an ultrawide like this, does it automatically give you an option to split into 3 (or 4 or whatever)? Or do you just size your windows how you want and still have an acre of desktop showing behind them?

The drivers/utilities that come with monitors like this are usually much smarter and customizable. MS seems to always assume too much and does what you don’t want it to do when you least want it to do something.

Waiting GIF

You have to be closer to the screen for 8k to see the difference. Makes more sense for PC applications in many respects cuz you are very close to the screen.

Honestly a 2080 ti runs every game I play smoothly. I’m waiting for the 4000 series to come out.

lol so am I, needed the ethernet adapter and pole mount adapter. Got the pole mount adapter but the ethernet adapter ships in a week or 2.

Uugh!

I feel for you, man.

You and me could do some bad a$$ gaming

2 Likes

Holy crap, i forgot all about old computers! We never had consoles growing up but in 1991 we got a TANDY computer which we hangman and midnight rescue on! Then in 1998 upgraded to a Gateway. Played madden 2000, the sims, Driver(with a rap CD playing in the background), SWAT, Starsiege Tribes, quake 2 and deer hunter 4 or 5 on there.

Then built my first PC living on my own at 19 in 2003 which I played CoD and UO, Serious Sam, NFS Underground, Halo, Tribes 2 and Unreal Tournament.

Back to my gaming roots here! lol wow, I had forgotten how much I played even before I built my own. My older sisters BF at the time was a big PC influencer then when I moved out all my best friends and I had our own builds.

Never did online gaming until I moved out and had charter internet.

Cracked games and key generators and swapping icons… lol not sure what that means anymore

Back in the day, we used to get games in Basic printed in a computer magazine. You’d spend hours typing it in and would save it to a cassette tape. Pretty cool stuff. I remember receiving a survey call from some outfit around 83 or 84 asking how much would be an acceptable amount to connect to other computers using my phone line.

1 Like