Burfict could be suspended for the rest of the year. Update- Suspended for season

It’s about effing time. The idea that the NFL cares about player safety is a joke as long as they let this head hunter stay on the field. He’s going to paralyze someone one of these days.

2 Likes

Burfict could be out of the league. 13 incidents and $500,000 in fines.

That guy is such a dope. Those hits are pure selfishness. I loved the old NFL with those brutal hits but times have changed.

2 Likes

Wow! The guy was on the ground getting up. He could have touched him down. Instead he spears him head to head.
Could have caused some severe injury.

1 Like

I used to love watching big hits, but now I just cringe since my boys started playing. A good clean football hit is a part of the game, but the head hunting can’t be part of the game if they want the sport to survive.

1 Like

It’s not like he took 1/2 PSI of air out of a football or silently got on a knee before a game. Those are real reason for being blackballed. j/s

The NFL is all over the map with their rules, how to implement them, how much they love women beaters, child abusers, etc.

Last year they implemented extra targeting rules and called it zero times. This year they implemented replay of PI and have fucked it up every single time. I’m convinced if the Saints PI call from the playoffs (which is responsible for this years rule), happened again, they would still get it wrong, because they just won’t overturn their bad calls.

3 Likes

Dude is a psychopath

3 Likes

Correct

And, fortunately, it appears the Lions won’t face Burfict in week 9 on November 3.

2 Likes

Yup. Suspended for the season.

1 Like

Not this Nov. He gone…

1 Like

Technically, he has an appeal to exhaust, but I can’t see either one of the former players (Derrick Brooks or James Thrash) overturning Runyan’s decision.

1 Like

I’m relieved that he won’t be back. The Raiders should cut him as soon as the season ends, and hopefully no one else will sign him.

1 Like

I don’t understand why Burfict would have the respect of any of his fellow NFLers. The hit this Sunday was almost as egregious as the one he had on Antonio Brown in the playoffs.

F*ck this guy.

3 Likes

He deserves a suspension; and obviously he has a major history of being a predator… but this hit is not that egregious. It’s a fast game and hits like this happen across the league every week.

Look at the Pats player getting ejected for the hit on Josh Allen… they asked Belichick what he should’ve done differently and he said “nothing”. I am all for player safety, but some of these penalties are too harsh.

Burfict should get 4 games max ONLY due to his history. This suspension is a joke.

Nah, that’s a bad take. The guy was on the ground trying to get up. Just wrap him up and play another day.

1 Like

It adds up to $4M lost if you count game checks he didnt get.

2 Likes

How freaking sick do you have to be to love hurting people so badly that you’ll PAY 4 million to do it

2 Likes

That was freaking assault.