Caleb Williams leverage?

Man, Caleb Williams really lives in some of y’all’s heads rent free, huh?

Some of the comments on the emotions, fingernail painting, clothing choices really says a lot more about the posters than it does about Williams.

Fragile masculinity at its finest.

1 Like

The fingernail painting doesn’t bother me but the playing in high heels seems dangerous. Especially on grass

1 Like

I mean, has anyone seen Caleb and Dr. Frank-N-Furter in the same room?

tim curry GIF by 20th Century Fox Home Entertainment

This is satire. I have seen Rocky Horror over 30 times. With rice.And Newspaper.

Does this make JJ Riff Raff?

Justin Fields Rocky?

Hoodie as Dr. Scott?

Mahomes was even worse in college, in an equally bad conference defensively (probably worse). You have to ask yourself is it inherent, or did they feel like they had to. Because:

1 Like

It’s not fair to the young man, I suppose, but if the Bears pick him I hope it’s something they regret for generations to come. Is that bad?

Hell no. As it should be.

I don’t think the “among the best ever” version of Patrick Mahomes we see now was an inevitability. If he went to a lesser team with a lesser coach, I could easily see a situation where his off-schedule stuff happened more frequently with worse results.

I don’t have anything intelligent to add about whether or not Williams goes off-script too much or unnecessarily, but if he does, I do think that’s a negative to consider.

1 Like

I don’t love the “well if he didn’t go there” argument, even if it could be true. There’s no way to test it, for one, so you’re denigrating a guy’s potential without them having a possibility of convincing you otherwise. How do we know? How can we know? Well, we can’t.

(And not trying to call out you specifically, so I apologize if it comes off that way. It’s just something I see all the time).

Plus I think you can pretty much say it about every great QB ever. If Montana doesn’t go to Bill Walsh, if Brady doesn’t go to Belichick, etc… Kurt Warner was excellent under great offensive minds Mike Martz and Bruce Arians, and really terrible under everyone else. Elway was good, but he wasn’t a big winner until Shanahan got there. Goff suuuuucked with Fisher then got good with McVay. On and on.

Now there are lots of QBs who go off script too often, and some are among the best to ever do it. Favre, Allen, Rodgers, Seattle Russ, early-career Mahomes. The good outweighs the bad in those cases. Is the same true of Caleb? I think so personally, but could definitely be wrong.

FYI:

The narrative that his teammates don’t like him never held up

Maybe they are just happy it was the last time they had to deal with him lol! He rubs people the wrong way with the way he talks about wanting to be immortal and painting fu Utah on his nails then he loses to them lol. Among a lot of other things I won’t get into.

Jaylon Johnson says leave that Hollywood shit at the door, they’ll see through you… I see this ending poorly. Hope the kid comes in humble… But still fails, bc ■■■■ the bears

Yes, people on the internet.

Clearly not his teammates, which was the point of my post.