Call Zach Ertz

Apparently, was willing to sign with contender when released a month ago. Man, this sucks, it maybe a good fit. He’s rested, hungry, and healthy.

11 Likes

There’s a thought…

We need to sign a TE for sure. Wright hasn’t practiced in 3 weeks… not sure if he will be back. We will have 1 active TE for the playoffs in Mitchell. Ertz seems like the perfect kind of guy to step in and actually give you something. He wants to get a shot. We have a need. We might also want to bring back firksner. He had been on the practice squad.

2 Likes

If LaPorta misses time, Ertz is an excellent stop gap.

2 Likes

Ertz has a pretty dismal PFF grade of 50. Laporta was 76

2 Likes

You’re not going to replace LaPorta though, at this point you’re just trying to get better than you were.

4 Likes

James Mitchell step up time? He had a lot of appealing upside as a prospect.

11 Likes

I don’t know how much Ertz has left in the tank, but even at 50%, he’s an improvement over what is available after LaPorta. This is a good idea.

I hope LaPorta is not seriously hurt . . .

2 Likes

Mitchell had a nice catch there at the end
Time to step up.

3 Likes

mary kate and ashley 90s GIF

Of course he aint gonna match LaPorta. But we cant just go with Mitchell and banged up Wright. Maybe DPJ can move to TE, but need another body. As far as I can tell, Ertz BPA.

3 Likes

Bring in a 33 year old TE off the streets, who hasnt played since Sept. Teach him all the blocking schemes, and route trees in a week, and expect him to make any kind of difference at all.

That makes sense.

So then you’re for doing nothing.

2 Likes

I think some mix of Mitchell, (hopefully) Brock Wright and DPJ with some of the passing game presence

Ben can adjust, we didn’t have much of a TE pass-catching presence over the last half of the season last year.

To be honest that he’s forced to adjust may be a silver lining. We’ve been a bit stale for a while IMO.

1 Like

Yes. Would luv to hear a better solution.

I think we will see Firkser back.
We still have Wright.

Shane Zylstra on line 1

3 Likes

What were they saying about LaPortas knee?