Calvin Johnson Wants Money Paid Back: 'I'm Not Working For It'

CJ sets the record straight

Love it when people speak their minds directly

2 Likes

And the trashing begins in 3, 2, 1……

1 Like

Move on

4 Likes

Not about to take Calvin’s side in this. You want the money, should have played out your contract.

2 Likes

. . . says the guy who doesn’t understand NFL contracts

1 Like

Wonder how he’d feel if we gave him $1,020,000 for a $20k gig?
Just “overpay” with a wink and a nod.

2 Likes

Don’t come back then.

1 Like

Agree.

If the contract didn’t allow the Lions to recoup the money, then they wouldn’t have been able to get it back.

Calvin signed it, he wants to break it, fine. But there are consequences to breaking the contract.

4 Likes

I don’t have a problem with Calvin being mad about the money. But this is a dumb stand and if I were the Lions I wouldn’t give in. This is free money. Its not really work. Its simply a way to pay him back and he wants to stick it to the Lions. Fine, he can want that. And the Lions are not immoral for not wanting to take a cap hit at this point.

So…IT IS WHAT IS.

3 Likes

Yep, same with Andrew Luck and Tony Romo (and several others) . . . whoops, wait there were no consequences.

1 Like

First off- slam bang piece of journalism. Really in-depth stuff. A whole what, two paragraphs?? Of an old story.
Second- so tired of multi-millionaires whining about money. Try living on disability.
Sure, he provided a service for X amount of dollars. As mentioned above- if there were rules preventing the team from reclaiming the money, they wouldn’t have done it. If they broke any rules the players union would have been all over it crying ‘foul’.

3 Likes

I was wondering when this debate would get started again.

Maybe when we’re done discussing this we can talk about if Stafford is or is not a great QB and whether it was him or the Lions fault for not winning. I haven’t heard that one in about a week, just wonder if people still remember… :crazy_face:

1 Like

Just because other players didn’t have to pay money back has no bearing on Calvin. He signed the contract and Lions were well within their rights.

1 Like