Campbell gives reason for back-to-back timeouts

I’m at a loss. Completely absurd. He said half the defense had one call and half had another.

This is supposed to be an NFL franchise.

Not to mention the fact that if Chicago scores a TD there, Detroit gets the ball back with a shot to win.

Dont worry Dans gonna take over play calling for the defense as well.

5 Likes

I have no problem with taking the timeout when the defense is clearly confused.

They did look like they’d have given up the td of the play was allowed to go off.

But you can’t have that confusion coming out of a timeout. You just can’t. Not with the entirety of things.

I think maybe it was Dan that was confused :thinking:

There’s just no excuse. 100% on coaching.

I think this is a strong possibility to be honest.

What are you calling? What’s going on? Hold on a minute! Are you sure I just told 1/2 the guys we were doing something else. Ohh shit timeout again I guess…

2 Likes

So Campbell says that they had just come out of a timeout…where they had just discussed what they were gonna do… then had to immediately call another time out…because the players didn’t know what to do

That’s the long version of him basically saying “My staff and I are incompetent. We should be fired”

3 Likes

Or that I’m working with a bunch of cast off players who won’t be in the league in two years not because they aren’t physically gifted but because they have mental lapses.

Wait, I thought one of the positives was that all the cast offs were getting invaluable game experience. Now they won’t be on the team in 2 years??

1 Like

“That I chose to keep over more talented players because I wanted to have “my kind of guys that buy into biting kneecaps off”

They kept “try hards” over talent that they didn’t like. That was THEIR choice. We are seeing the results

1 Like

[quote=“JadedLionsFan, post:9, topic:12897, full:true”]

Well we could have kept some of those guys, won three games, have worst draft picks, and remain in cap hell. Let’s try and trust the process for more than 11 games when we knew they were going to suck.

1 Like

I need people to stop telling me none of this matters because the Lions weren’t winning this season, anyway.

A lack of talent doesn’t excuse a lack of preparation, precision and smart coaching decisions. There have been problems like this all season.

6 Likes

That confusion is all on Glenn. His defense, his call, you could see him on the sideline trying to change the defense

strong text[quote=“Spiel54man, post:11, topic:12897, full:true”]

Exactly

This wasn’t a talent issue

We can get better talent but the HC will still be an idiot whose strength is press conference soundbites not being a HC

2 Likes

Bingo

1 Like

You wanted to keep Desmond Trufant?

Please be specific on this one.

I’ve been saying that for the last couple of weeks. The reason we’re losing isn’t due to talent. The team has lost multiple games due to coaching, penalties and game management mistakes. That all falls 100% on the coaching staff and ultimately DC shoulders.

But he’s learning. Next year will be different.

That’s the argument I’ve heard a lot. So how long do Lions fans want to give DC to learn how to do his job and coach?

Why not just hire a HC who is ready to be a HC. A guy who doesn’t need years to learn and develop?

When a HC says he’s making mistakes and is learning to do his job. I immediately draw the conclusion that we hired the wrong guy. He’s your HC. How can he develop his players and staff when he needs to develop himself?

1 Like

And don’t forget, he’s part-GM too. He has equal say in player personnel decisions with Holmes, remember?

They sure are giving a lot of authority to a guy who’s learning by making mistakes on the job.

2 Likes

Stand the ■■■■ up and accept your trophy sir, because you win :trophy:

1 Like

Round of applause.
Barack Obama Applause GIF by Obama

1 Like