Campbell postgame presser

Jim Schwartz could at least field a good defense.

3 Likes

DC need to take over play calling on D?

First Ive seen that idea floated here. Might not be a bad idea tho….

Why not, he did last year for OC

Oh for sure… I suppose my hope for it being addressed is they see the deficiencies and where they are getting beat and know how to correct them.

The offense has demonstrated an ability to adapt, the defense not so much. And what’s frustrating is it’s not just one player, it’s the defense as a whole just not getting it done.

I do think they will adjust and change… but so will the rest of the league. So we’ll see…

1 Like

Imagine being the Lions O. Missing half of your projected starting lineup (Swift, Jackson, Vaitai, Amon-Ra, Chark, plus Jamo), including all three receivers - and knowing that you have to score touchdowns every drive to have a chance.

Yeah… lotta pressure. AND… they almost pulled it off.

2 Likes

Campbell didn’t say anything meaningful or to build our faith in him. this time it was mealy mouth BS. confidence my butt crack, they are jacked up with confidence in college and before they enter the draft , they think their game IS pro-level already, they flupping excited to pass the combine, to be drafted, they know it’s real then , if they “lacked confidence” they wouldn’t have been drafted let alone to a NLF team. AND once they are officially on a team …their confidence couldn’t be higher , getting to play likely equals that , but they are working part of a whole team…so how they lose confidence knowing full well they HAVE help? is beyond me…I don’t buy the confidence explanation.

3 Likes

Not to mention the coach’s job is to get them that confidence.

Yep different line of bullshit but the same SOL results.

Sharp pic or biting knee caps same frickin results. Dan looks defeated and I think he’s thinking maybe I bit off more then I can chew. He’s out of answers. It’s funny how this team can kill even the most confident coaches spirit in 2 years

1 Like

Right. You don’t even have to listen to the presser to know this. We’re at a point where actions speak louder than words. Time to put up or shut up.

5 Likes

So this will be real interesting, the defense is really in the state (actually worse state) the offense was last year when Dan basically fired Lynn (took over play calling). AG should have an ultimatum put on him, get the defense right or I am taking over.

I’ll never forget Mooch’s tenure here… “Joey Harrington is our starting QB…” Looking like his best friend just died while he was saying it. Week after week after week. I felt for that guy.

3 Likes

Maybe Holmes doesn’t really like Dan and is setting him up to fail so he can hire his own coach.

I mean 3 out of your 5 top pics are on IR before they ever play.

We can’t stop the run, yet feels LBers are not a priority.

He ditch a good kicker yet 2 years later he’s still fielding practice squad type kickers.

Seems he’s not helping much in some areas, leaving major holes in this team.

2 Likes

“Joey, that hangnail looks rough, Hey, get Jeff García warming up!” :laughing: :rofl: :joy:

1 Like

who runs the defense !? this cannot continue. Our defense HAS been awful for decades, let it stop and flourish not continue to smell like the mud in a pig pen , I HATE even typing “Injury” as some excuse, but half our team is broken and beat and injured…this isn’t some new development either. when is it we get to even a “decent” or good level !? It is so tiring to have able offensive players…yet the defense can be beat by school girls ! who’s fault is that now? or are we supposed to say nothing and take it? like WE are being too hard on our DC . when does the wheel of excuses stop , and we actually see a somewhat able defense !?

The offense, that’s how.
We know we have Alim, Hutch, Rodrigo, Okuda, and Ammari (hopefully, he’s been struggling). Walker is a key piece when healthy.
The rest of them, are tackling dummies.

Hilarious. Loved it!

From what we saw last year with Dan
He actually aggressively made a change last year on offense and turned out good so in terms of him taking steps to turn it around
Including changing plsy caller etc

He did that last year and it had a great impact
That’s turned into a top offense so far

2 Likes

Hopefully we can do what we did to Carson Wentz to Bailey zappe next week and get some of our d-like contributors back after the bye (cominsky) and some other tweaks and we can stop the bleeding.

I forgot that last year in the first half of the season a lack of communication was HUGE problem. Particularly with the DBs and they cleaned it up. This is a new defense so hopefully they clean it up and then can bend but don’t break for the 2nd half of the year.

1 Like

Is it time to promote Aubrey Pleasant before we lose him next off season?

2 Likes