Can Ben Johnson fix Daniel Jones?

That roller coaster hit it’s peak & is on it’s downhill trajectory…fast!!!

While Ben Johnson is a great offensive coordinator he is not Jesus.

Jesus on the other hand can turn a player into a great qb. Look at Kurt Warner. In every interview he’s like “I owe all my success to Jesus.” If Jesus can turn a grocery store bagger into a great qb I’m sure he can do wonders for Daniel Jones.

1 Like

Stir in coach Dan, the culture, and the OL…as well as Monty/Gibby

3 Likes

Hard agree. JG was a #1 pick who had a history of playing well in the NFL. It’s not like BJ conjured him up out of nothing.

4 Likes

yeah… Goff’s 2 “bad” Ram years after 2018 still saw him throw for an average of 4300 yards and 65% completions….

3 Likes

Exactly, I echoed what you and Air said.

This isn’t directed at Nate btw but it annoys me a bit when people talk about Ben Johnson resurrecting Goff as if Goff was a corpse most of his career and all of a sudden became a viable #1 QB out of nowhere like Geno Smith for example (now whoever the Seattle O-coordinator is might be the real QB whisperer). Goff was a legit top 10, it not top 5, QB for 2-3 years and had a stellar college career. He just needed a fresh start and a staff that had confidence to bring him back.

I’ve said this before, Goff’s career trajectory is eerily similar to Stafford’s. We were hearing about how Jim Bob Cooter was the QB whisperer resurrecting Stafford’s career but the reality is that Stafford was always good but just needed the right push to get his confidence back and once he did, he stacked good seasons thereafter even in some shit situations. I think the same applies here. Not saying that Ben Johnson will follow the career path of Jim Bob, he definitely has more tricks in the bag, but the point remains.

3 Likes

Are you sure it’s BJ and not Brunell?
Ben is an offensive genius, but, my guess is Brune has more influence when it comes to grooming Goff.

No. Jones doesn’t play for us.

But the narrative is Ben made Goff and not the other way around.

I just think it’s way premature to assume that. Maybe Goff was always good and just had a shitty OL for two seasons?

Maybe Goff just needed a coach to believe in him.

I am sure Ben had a huge impact on Goff but maybe Goff had a huge impact on Ben… Ben seems to think so.

5 Likes

Daboll won a playoff game in his 1st season as coach. He aint getting fired.

If he was coaching Detroit and we won a playoff game, we would all have attended the “playoff win” parade.

2 Likes

Are you sure!?

BJ = Baby Jesus

2 Likes

Mind blown!

1 Like

Thinking more and more Ben Johnson doesn’t want to be a head coach… at least not yet. Doesn’t seem to crave that spotlight.

1 Like

I see this too. I think it’s more likely he stays.

That’s entirely possible, but it usually takes an unhappy stint as HC to figure that out.

The head coach position is such a different animal than being a coordinator. What makes someone successful as a coordinator is not at all the same as what will make him successful as a head coach.

Guys like Wade Phillips needed to experience it first hand before learning it wasn’t worth the hassle. If BJ is wired like that and realizes it at such a young age, that would be impressive.

I still think you’ll see him as a head coach for 2024.

1 Like

Chicago or New York would be a bad fit for Ben Johnson. He’s an offensive genius while those two franchises have always built success on defense.

1 Like

Well at least Evan Neal is taking accountability for his poor play :joy:

He probably would know…

I bet he is eating his fair share of hot dogs and burgers…

You nailed it Natty. I agree. Ben is a good coordinator, but that doesn’t mean much as a head coach. Ben, in fact, seems pretty soft-spoken and just not the head coach type, imo. If I had to bet, I would bet his first HC job will be rough and he will get fired after 2 or 3 seasons. He may end up a good HC, but the job he is doing now that we all love doesn’t mean he will excell as a HC.

1 Like

100% yep