Can Det win from a CAR, NYG, ATL, SEA need at QB?

I absolutely hypothetically love this Husker

1 Like

Yeah, that’s not as attractive with CAR…

HOWEVER, two things with your scenario:

1. pick 137 would become a much needed oasis between picks 97 and 177
  2. we would likely command their #1 next year plus their 3rd which would give us the ammo to go get the alpha QB who would be the cherry on top of this rebuild.

That is the logic I wish will prevail.

In the end, I don’t think it will. But I’ll keep my fingers crossed for the next month or so.

Lees hope willis wows at pro day and personal workouts.

I see an opportunity to trade down more likely to be for an offensive tackle from 3 to about 7 with Jax seemingly set on Hutch.

1 Like

I don’t see it, especially since it seems like the Texans aren’t trading Tunsil away. The Jets can sit tight and grab an OT, the Giants can grab one, the Panthers can grab one. Then the Giants again and then probably Houston again and then two picks later the Jets again. The top ten is a block of the same teams, there’s not a lot of teams with the ammo to go up that far for a OT except for those teams, and they can all likely draft one at their own spots anyway.

Now if the Jags go OT that could change.

Not that you don’t make good points, but how much ammo is it really going to take to move up a couple of spots in this draft though and get the guy you want? That fits?

Is Detroit going to ask for the moon to move down to 4 knowing one of their guys will be there?

I don’t think so. They’d rather have another top 100 pick probably.

1 Like

Yeah, you may be right. Though I have a suspicions teams are more against this than fans, which is why you essentially never see it. In fact I’m not sure I can think of one instance, even in bad drafts. Maybe they don’t want to set a bad precedent, or more likely, maybe they’ve fallen in love with one of the prospects and don’t want to lose him.

No. 6 would be an ideal spot for the Lions to pick if their guy at No. 1 overall is gone.

1 Like

Agreed
I’d be fine if Lions accepted less than chart value
I think most here would if Hitch was gone

1 Like

So dont take chart value.

Sometimes you win the war by losing a battle or two. I do this in fantasy sports all the time and win a lot of the time. If I need a player or stat, I go get it.
If I lost value in the trade but moved up slots in the standings…$$$$.

I think Quinn could’ve traded down two spots with Miami down to No. 5 overall and picked up a 3d Rd pick in the process, but he was too afraid of losing Okudah and his asking price was too high.

I’m not saying they shouldn’t do that (in fact, I am in favor of it if they are not sold on a player at 2).

I’m just stating that Willis isn’t anywhere near the talent that would make a team offer chart value to go up and get him. He is way too inconsistent.

1 Like

It only takes 1. Was Trey Lance worth 3 first round picks?

1 Like

Well, if you want Malik Willis…you may now have to get ahead of Houston @ #3.

The Watson trade just increased our odds of landing a trade down.

This topic was automatically closed 240 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.