Can Melvin step up?

If Slay doesn’t play, Melvin’s our #1 corner for a week. So far, Melvin has been playing real well, definitely out-playing his 3.5M contract (granted, three games!). Even if Slay plays, I wonder how Melvin would do as a stop-gap #1, while Slay is nursing his hamstring. It would be good to challenge Melvin to see if he’s a keeper…he should know the Chiefs from his time with the Raiders. This scenario (Melvin # 1, lighten Slay’s load to part time # 2) seems better than having Ford as our full-time #2. Would hate to see Slay get re-injured,…hammies can last a loooong time!

2 Likes

Next man up, baby.

It wouldn’t surprise me if Slay sits. He sits and he gets a two week rest on that hammy. They need him healthy for a playoff push.

2 Likes

I’m more concerned about CB Mike Ford, but fortunately, he obtained some substantive experience last season.

1 Like

I like what I’ve seen from Mike Ford. If I am the Lions then I would definitely be leaning towards sitting Slay and giving him two weeks rest. As much as I’d love to have Slay against KC. I’d much rather have Slay healthy against the Packers and Vikings following the bye.

1 Like

Ford looked real good when it counted last week.
Execute the plan and we’ll be okay. Don’t, and we lose.

1 Like

I have Sammy Watkins in the majority of my DK lineups. He is going to feast.

1 Like

Sit Slay for this game and give him 3 weeks to heal. I liked what I saw of Ford at the end of last season and he looked quick and decisive when he replaced Slay at the end of the last game. This will be the acid test for him and he’ll only get better because of it.

4 Likes

Welcome Sofatso! Let’s just control TOP and keep those Mahoming missiles to a minimum.

I liked what I saw last week and it seems Slay has kinda rubbed off on his fellow teammates cuz they seem to be playing with a bit of a chip on their shoulders as well.

2 Likes

Good to see you back. So Slay is out, probably a good move to get him totally healed. Yes, Ford looked good last game and at the end of last year…but he had a rough pre-season. Melvin, Ford, and maybe a little AO will definitely get tested today! Long term, this is good.

Melvin did a good job as did Ford and Walker

Hell, all our DBs did a good job yesterday. PM hurt us more w his feet than he did w his arm

2 Likes

Did AO see any snaps?