Can we get Florio to thoroughly disrespect the Lions this week before the Dallas game?

1 Like

Only thing more absurd than Florioā€™s take on literally anything is a locker room of professional athletes reading his take on literally anything and getting emotional about it.

2 Likes

Self-motivation can take many forms.

ARSB can still tell you all the WRs taken before him in the 2021 draft.

And keeps notebooks on them:

Lions' Amon-Ra St. Brown still keeps notebook of 16 WRs drafted before him: 'It's something I'll never forget'.

1 Like

Because thatā€™s real.

Florioā€™s opinion isnā€™t.

Let me put it this way:

Thereā€™s zero difference between Florio spouting off on column and any of the opinions posted here.

Iā€™d be distressed if the Lions players came to this forum and took seriously anything written here.

1 Like

One big difference: Florio has a national media outlet, NBC, from which to spout his opinionsā€“both on PFT and various NFL programs in which he appears. We donā€™t have that forum here.

Grand Theft Auto Gta GIF by Rockstar Games

Nobody is interacts with Florio because they think he is a football genius. He spouts off crazy shit to get clicks which gets him paid.

2 Likes

John Harbaugh is not an Xā€™s and Oā€™s guy. He is going to make sure his players ā€œfeel some type of wayā€ about it. Thats a part of how he runs his squad.

1 Like

No doubt.

And, he was one of the few who never complained about copyright infringement when people copied and pasted entire articles from PFT elsewhere. Why? It was free advertising for his site and helped it grow dramatically.

1 Like

And players have probably been reading PFT since they were kids

1 Like

All the comments on X are telling him heā€™s a jackass. People tell me that on this board for free. lol

If the Lions look to Florio instead of the line (+6.5) for motivation then they donā€™t get it.

good point

I think the betting lines are a bit more abstract and less personal than when a known personality like Florio, Stephen A Smith, or another loudmouth calls out a player or team.

Anyway, thereā€™s some valid reasoning behind the betting line:

1. Currently, the Cowboys are a game behind an 11-4 Philadelphia Eagles team, and with just two games remaining in the season, Dallas canā€™t afford to lose this game.

2. The Cowboys are 7-0 at home and havenā€™t just been winning games in Dallas, theyā€™ve been throttling their opponents by wide margins.

At home this season, the Cowboys have scored at least 30 points in every game, while only allowing the Seahawks to break the 30-point barrier. Their margin of victory in each of their wins is impressive, beating every opponent (except the Seahawks) by at least 20 pointsā€”the Jets and Eagles by 20, Rams by 23, Giants by 32, along with the Patriots and Commanders by 35.

But donā€™t expect the Lions to just lay down now that the NFC North title is in their hands. While the Lions seem destined for the No. 2 or No. 3 seed in the NFC, after a 49ers loss on Christmas night, the No. 1 seed in the NFC is suddenly back in play for Detroit. Additionally, the Cowboys have lost their last two games (Bills 31-10 and Dolphins 22-20), only putting up 30 combined points.

1 Like

I would advise them to get Fox more involved in the offense!
ā€¦And the defense!

From a guy who barely plays at all:

ā€œIā€™m ready to go whip on the Cowboys, get that two seed,ā€ defensive back Chase Lucas said after the Vikings game.

https://www.yahoo.com/sports/division-title-hand-detroit-lions-111120176.html