Can't stand Kyle Meinke

Yes, I begrudgingly agree. Rob was rotten skunk meat bad. He deserves his own category. Amazing that he could scratch out a pretty good career in the sports reporting world.

1 Like

I don’t know if I’m exhausted and underwhelmed by most of the Lions beat writers, or just the process.

The media rarely has a thoughtful or interesting question to ask. It’s obvious they are simply asking questions to fill time and quotas.

“How important is it to have a guy like X at Y position?”
“How does it feel to win/lose in such a big game?”

(sigh)

The players and coaches are insanely frustrated with the process. The look on some of their faces when they’re trying to understand the question, the point of the question, and how to answer such a stupid fn question is priceless.

I’d love to see a 50% reduction in media access to coaches and players. It’ll never happen, but I think it would result in the media actually thinking about what they want to ask and it would help players and coaches sufferring from the endless fatigue this process must cause their heads.

@radiofriendly I have talked to my friends about a related issue with the news. When we were young there was an hour for local and an hour for national news. They just reported the necessary topics. Now they have 24 hours to fill. So it ends up with so much trash.

3 Likes

You are right….I remember on MLive and a few other boards were TomK got bashed by Lions fans. As much as I try not to bash players, coaches, front office people and the media, I am trying much harder not to let it bother me when I see people on social media do it. I mean it’s life and social media is THE PLATFORM for that :person_shrugging:

1 Like

Parker was the ultimate schtick to be a contrarian and an antagonist. It’s not that he doesn’t believe the shit he says….because he does, but he believes that because he knows it will get underneath folks skin. But unless you really understand how the media business works then you won’t get how he has had such a good career in sports media

1 Like

IMO Justin Rogers is the only one that seems to be intellectually curious.

1 Like

Yeah, I’m pretty thick… I doubt I would understand.

1 Like

steve carell laughing GIF

2 Likes

martin scorsese book GIF

I prefer to direct my anger towards Fatt Patricia and Boob Quinn.

2 Likes

I like Kyle and feel like his articles are good and he holds himself accountable

I just found him to be another professing non practicing Catholic, so same ole same ol

Wow. What a takedown.

At the end of his “this draft gets an F” post he says the Lions will win 9 games again and the Eagles will go undefeated.

Bless him.

1 Like

That was all true an a poster likes him must be his mother Usi05

At the end of his “this draft gets an F” post he says the Lions will win 9 games again and the Eagles will go undefeated.

Bless him.
[/quote]

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.