Cardinals Keeping Hopkins

Cardinals WR DeAndre Hopkins posted a video to his Instagram page suggesting he’ll remain with the team in 2023.

Hopkins’ video all but confirmed he’ll remain with the Cardinals in 2023, saying in his video, “I see everybody telling me to stay. Who said I wanna go? Who said I wanna leave? I’m out here working baby.” Hopkins shared his location in Phoenix, Arizona in his post, which seems like as good an indication as any that he’ll be back with the team next season. His video comes just days after Cardinals GM Monti Ossenford said he “doesn’t foresee that happening” when asked about the possibility of trading Hopkins this offseason. For now, it appears everything is in place for Hopkins to play at least one more season with the Cardinals barring any unexpected developments. The soon-to-be 31-year-old receiver produced at a high level across nine games last season with the Cardinals, totaling 64 receptions for 717 yards and three touchdowns after serving a six-game suspension for PEDs.

I am so glad we have the organization we do. The Cardinals need to hit the reset button, especially with their franchise QB coming off an ACL and questionable for the season opener. You can’t do that and keep a veteran WR with a 20mil base salary who is over 30 on the books. Clear the space now, whether you get capital or not. Watch Hopkins be the difference in a game or two that keeps them picking outside the top 5. I personally think the Texans will be much better this year, especially in that division and might not even pick in the top 10 so that extra pick may not be quite as high as some currently think, IMO.

1 Like