Cards waive Andy Isabella

Cardinals waived WR Andy Isabella.

Isabella managed just five targets through four weeks despite Arizona’s lack of depth at the wideout position, and hadn’t started a game since 2020. The 2019 second-rounder, taken two selections ahead of DK Metcalf, will hit waivers at 25 years old. The physical traits and special teams ability could make him a claim target, but Isabella has 33 career catches in 39 games.

Think we put in a claim?

And cut who?

Cephus

3 Likes

I’ve never really watched him play. If he can’t succeed in kingsbury’s offense though I question if he’d be an upgrade over anyone we currently have. You’re likely going to cut him in a couple weeks anyway to make room for jamo. So pass for me.

Anyone on defense.

3 Likes

Can he play safety!?

2 Likes

Can he play defense?

2 Likes

He isn’t a bad returner. We don’t have one is why I asked.

Raymond hasn’t been bad! He hit one 50 yarder already in 4 games.

1 Like

Sorry I meant Kick Returner. Khalif has been great at PR

1 Like

I would love to see Andy get another chance. I don’t think he was a good fit for the Cardinals. He would be a better fit here. And I can think of another 5 or so places that would fit his size and skill set. I don’t think having a short QB who runs around every play like a 6th grader and doesn’t deliver the ball on time fits Andy’s game at all.

1 Like

he’s not worth cutting anybody for.

1 Like

He would take Kalifs role here but Isabella is probably a much worse blocker so I doubt we would do that

The Cardinals do not agree.

He has 8 career KRs… and 5 of them were in 2019.

His average is under 21 yards per return.

I could see signing him to the PS to see if he could be a fill in for injuries… but there is no way I would cut any of out WRs for him in season.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 240 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.