Carlos gotta Carlos: Holmes hire "another big fail for Detroit"

EVERYONE gets fired at some point, it’s part of life. Are you telling me you didn’t get better at your job after moving from one employer to the next? Experience is needed in that chair, and we have zero, again. Those big fish candidates SHOULD be chased, it’s not their job to impress the Fords, it’s the Ford’s job to impress them enough to lure them away from their current job where they have security, roots and comfort… It’d be a lateral move for the GM, there has to be a lot of selling on the Lions side.

I get that most people get fired but when your on the top of your game you don’t. People do get better with experience but that does not mean that experience automatically equates to success.

I work on a field where I have never moved from employer to employer but rather one that we just move around to different area of “expertise”…but I can tell you that I have won numerous positions while not having the experience other applicants did. I interviewed well and it worked out very well for me and the organization as I quickly rose to mange these sections.

I truely believe success is within the man, not the circumstances. What I mean is that if Holmes is as he stated…only trying to be the best at the job he currently holds…then he can be successful being a first time GM.

I have no idea what the future holds for the Lions with Holmes at the helm but I refuse to shit on the hiring because it wasn’t my guy (Dodds). I will rather take a cautious wait and see approach as to me it FEELS different this time.

1 Like

I don’t respect Carlos’s knowledge of football or NFL Organizations whatsoever and no sports media in Detroit. They chase popularity which makes them negative seeking acceptance by “fans”. As far as this take, nothing insightful at all.

Newspaper writers had a powerful voice before the year 2000 but now, nobody really cares, nor does anyone buy newspapers anymore. I didn’t read his article nor do I plan on reading it because he’s predictable and boring.

People get fired when others don’t deliver, Quinn was on okay GM, but his coach didn’t deliver so he got the boot… Happens all the time

Quinn “felt” different too bc he was talked up by people in the NFL and was the first GM outside the Lions franchise in 60 years. Different isn’t better, it’s just different… I want him to succeed obviously, but he wasn’t even on my top 10 list.

Quinn was not all bad, his FA signings and 2nd round picks were terrible.

Quinn went the buddy route and tried to recreate the Patriots…this doesn’t work and has never worked, not just here but in other places.

I don’t know what Holmes will bring but I don’t remember anyone ever comparing Quinn to one of the greatest GM in the league. If he goes the Campbell route, his first hire is already markedly different than Quinn’s was as he just hired his friend and neither had a vision that was theirs!