Carolina F****d Us!

Actually, since Seattle beat the Lions (and owns any wild card tiebreaker), I’m hoping Seattle wins the division and the 49ers lose a few games to finish with a worse record than the Lions. With a 3d string QB, that’s at least possible, regardless of how good the defense is.

1 Like

I could see the Bears taking Carter over Anderson if Everflus has his pick. He came from the Tampa 2 system (though he mixes it up a lot)… but he still likes to get a pass rush from the interior D line and prefers to rush 4 down linemen most of the time.

On the other hand… I don’t think he would be too worried about Anderson’s size either… since speed is key to his scheme.

Not any longer, the Rams SOS is higher now. Along with Indianapolis and Carolina at 4 wins, Las Vegas and Atlanta at 5. With a win over Denver, the Rams pick will be in the 8-12 range.

1 Like

I think Payne will get franchise tagged if he doesn’t sign a long-term deal.

1 Like

I want the playoffs over the draft position….

Seattle needs to lose period this weekend and we must win to stay alive

Nothing else in the football world matters!

1 Like

Well, in this unique circumstance, you can have your cake and eat it too.

Rams keep losing, Lions have a top 4-10 pick, and it has no effect, zero, on the Lions playoff chances.

Lions keep winning, their own pick goes lower, but who cares? We’ve got the Rams pick to root for.

2 Likes

See the source image

3 Likes

Don’t worry the Bears will probably take Stroud and move Fields to WR.

The only positive I could see is if the Lions wanted to go two big men DT inside, with
Siaki Ika
or Mazi Smith, next to Alim McNeill that would be an alternative strategy.

Back in the day, the Williams Wall strategy was pretty darn effective. No one could run on those Vikings teams.

1 Like

Fields as the X and Terrell Pryor as the Z?

I don’t think so, they will have either Carter or Anderson 100%.

3 Likes

Agreed, I’m not happy about it.

1 Like

Mazi is similar to McNeil, both are 320+ and both are athletic, hybrid NT/3T. I don’t this selecting Mazi in the 2nd would be a bad play at all, not getting a true 3T, but they’ll collapse the pocket and take away the run, flush the passer for our DEs to clean up. Both can handle double teams, some blitzing could be highly effective as well,

1 Like

Bears fans are on hyper drive with the mock draft scenarios.

That’s usually us at this point in the season.

2 Likes

I think Geno gets signed to stay… and…
I don’t see the Seahawks giving up much of anything to move up from #4 to #2… let alone this ransom….

Those Bears sites are living in fantasy land right now.

They’re this year’s version of a Lions fan, often imitated, never duplicated. You can always tell the novice high draft pick fans because they predict these outlandish trade down scenarios, unlike we Lions fans who can rely on our years of experience to formulate trades that are far more realistic.

3 Likes

I’m not too up on the Bears but Fields has been running for his life all year. Why wouldn’t they draft a LT?

2 Likes

They are.

Well Played Meme GIFs | Tenor