Carson Strong starting QB

My bold prediction for the coming year is that at some point during the season, Carson Strong permanently replaces Jalen Hurts as the starting QB for the Eagles.

3 Likes

That’s a good bet. Although I’m firmly on the Hurtz = backup bandwagon. He’s a gamer but has issues going through progressions and making good throws from the pocket. It was smart of the eagles staff to turn him into Lamar light, but he’s not going to take you to the super bowl.

1 Like

That would make me more than a little salty. Quite frankly the backup QB position is my big issue with this latest Lions management team.

2 Likes

Well we have the B twins an most of us not likening that duel .

But who knows what Lions think of Steven Montez they grabbed him of wire an protected him all last season on PS. Height: 6-5Age: 25Weight: 230 lbs
They also signed a QB for tryouts next week at rookie camp. Connor Sampson HEIGHT 6-3 WEIGHT 215

Same. We haven’t had a backup quarterback I’ve been confident in since Hill. Project quarterbacks are great but not as both of your backup options.

2 Likes

They’ve got Minshew, one of the best backups in the league. Strong would have to pass both of those guys. I liked Strong’s tape but I really don’t see that happening.

3 Likes

Completely forgot about Minshew. Wish we had him.

1 Like

We could’ve had him for a 6th round pick. He’s probably the best backup QB in the league. Instead we traded for Trinity Benson.

3 Likes

I really wanted the lions to trade for him. He cost what…a 5th round pick?

In addition to playing the each of the NFC Least (Giants, Comrades, Cowpies) teams twice… the Eagles get the AFC South (Jags, Texans, Colts, Titans)… the NFC North (Lions, Packers, Bears, Vikings)…. the Steelers @home… the Saints…. and the Cardinals.

After adding AJ Brown and a decent draft class… I could see Philly winning 10-11 games with Hurts.

I find it strange that someone else didn’t come in for him when he was with the Jags. For someone like the Steelers I would rather give up a day three pick for a couple of years on Minshew on a rookie deal than give MVP Mitch 10 million + to be a bridge QB