CBS Mock...who should Lions take at 7?

Below are CBS’ top 6 picks. Question begs; who do you take for the Lions in this scenario from:

Penei Sewell, Jalen Waddle, Micah Parsons, Rashawn Slater, Patrick Surtain, or Trey Lance

1. JAX LAWRENCE
  2. NYJ WILSON
  3. SF FIELDS
  4. ATL. PITTS
  5. CIN. CHASE
  6. MIA. SMITH
  7. DET

In order of preference:

1:) Trade Lance for a bounty
2:) Sewell

I love Waddle but I’d be disappointed if we passed on Sewell for him:

7 Likes

Yup!
Got our trade down

1 Like

Parsons without hesitation.
But I do think a trade would be possible and a CB would be in play for the Lions too.

2 Likes

Parsons

2 Likes

Sewel!, In that scenario it’s a no-brainer.

And I’m sprinting to the podium.

3 Likes

I’ve been on Parsons since day one. BUT…I never considered Sewell could potentially be there at 7.

I’m with you on this. A blue chip left tackle is worth his weight in gold. It would be extremely difficult to pass on the 6’6” 330lb dancing bear from Oregon if he’s there at 7.

1 Like

I’m trading down.

There is no way Denver, or Philly, or New England or Washington wouldn’t be in play. Lance and Max are polar opposite players and fits. Not either or like Tua and Herbert last year.

Trade down to #9 and pickup a 2nd. Denver takes their guy. Carolina either takes a top positional player or trades down to New Wnglad for Mac…

We still get Sewell or Parsons at 9… or Waddle.

Sewell
E Moore
D Moses
Richie Grant
A Maria Rodgers

Not bad need filling and top talent. Moore reminds me a ton of Waddle.

My order of preference

Sewell
Parsons
Slater
Chase
Pitts
Smith

Get on the phone with Carolina and Denver and pray that neither one is ok with Jones as their QB. Otherwise we are stuck in the same situation as last year where nobody want’s to trade down.

Parsons is probably my first choice. If we trade down and Carolina takes Parsons, Sewell makes a great consolation prize.

Sewell

Does Denver leapfrog Carolina to get Lance? Would Carolina then just take Mac Jones?

Sewell could be there at 9. Everyone could still be there at 9.

I take Sewell. But you have to believe it’s a trade down from 7 first.

1 Like

parsons and davis (kentucky) essentially the same player

I’d be somewhat in agreement. If Sewell somehow falls to us then he would be my preference, he looks like a guy who is going to play at a very high level for a long time and would be a huge building block for the offense.

But if Lance and/or Mac Jones are there I would be happy enough to trade down for a bounty off the Patriots or WFT or failing that drop back to 9 with the Broncos for two second day picks (one this year and one next year) and two day three picks this year and gives ourselves a 50/50 shot of getting Sewell at 9 - maybe higher if both QBs are on the board still. If Sewell is then gone I think the additional picks and Waddle/Parsons is a nice consolation prize which I wouldn’t be overly disappointed with.

2 Likes

THIS!!!

This is the one scenario we’d see a trade down. Patriots probably come up for Lance.

If not, go Sewell all the way.

1 Like

I’d trade down but not past 10. Assuming the trade up is for Lance, then at 10, your options are Sewell, Parsons, and Waddle (in that order). To do that I’d want at least a second this year or a first next year. Back to back seconds in the low 40’s would be sweet.

1 Like

I LOVE Parsons and what he would bring to our defense. I think the perfect scenario would be to trade down with Carolina.

But if we are staying at 7 grabbing Sewell would really solidify our o-line for years to come.

Sewell would be my pick.

2 Likes

I’m fine going to 15 if we get substantial value back. I’d need at the very least. 15, 46 and NE ‘22 2nd would be the least I’d consider taking.

That would allow us to go defense without offending my sense of value.

Trading down is the key to getting Javonte Williams. “Luxury pick” is how most ppl probably see him. Let’s trade back, get an extra pick, and snag this angry MF’r

1 Like