CFB Week 2: UM/TX and a couple others that may be interesting

He absolutely would. I mean Heinicke would have been an excellent college QB anywhere imo. Easy to say now that he’s lasted awhile in the league I suppose.

Kaden Wetfen from IOWA, had a TD called back on a return where the penalty wasn’t close to the play. PR he was 5-51 on his other returns. Pretty much all the seniors on D, Graves had 3 sacks last week but those guys tend to stick around and he’s a junior. Their O is being led by underclassmen at the skill positions except for Lachey. Drafting TE’s from IOWA is a layup, pass on him and you’ll regret it. OL is a ■■■■■■■ mystery because that group should be way better than they are.

Iowa State has got a real up and comer at QB, Rocco Becht, who will be targeting Jaylin Noel early and often. They have a tough D and I like a couple guys in their secondary. Jontez Williams had 6 solo, 5 assists and a PD last week, that’s a season for some guys. A guy who is likely to be a later round WR pick that we should look at is Jayden Higgins, 6’4" and 215, he had 5 catches for 75 yards and a TD last week.

Should be a good game for both teams to see where they stand.

I have him on my college fantasy team and I had posed this question to @thats2 earlier, but I would very much be interested in your opinion given your proximity and familiarity with players from programs in that region:

How do you view him in relation to all of the recent prior big bodied ISU WRs as a pro prospect? Lazard, Butler, Hutchinson, etc.

He seems like a pretty good fit in terms of rounding out our WR room skill set.

Honestly his game might not translate to the next level. Both Lazard and Butler made first team Big 12 and Lazard has superior blocking skills which was really the reason why he has been able to stick around after going undrafted. Higgins might be able to block but so far hasn’t shown the ability and he has a slow 40. His catch radius is extremely good and with his size I think he would be a great red zone target. He was unreal in a couple games including the Liberty Bowl, 214 yards on 9 receptions. I probably wouldn’t use a 5th round on him but a 6th…sure.

I tend to follow players that I think would be a good fit here. Not sure if Andrew Mukuba will declare or not be I’ll be watching him in the Mich/Tex game.

1 Like

Do you know what Higgins’ 40 time is?

Colorado v. Nebraska is the one I’m most intrigued by. Two powers from my youth that are finally relevant again combined with elite talent QBs. Should be a banger.

1 Like

I’m looking forward to that one as well. Watch both QB’s.

Memorial Stadium is going to be a complete f’cking zoo. I still think it will be a decently close game but the setup is there that things could snowball on CU if they make mistakes early.

1 Like

I don’t know if you watch Bussin’ with the Boys. Will Compton was almost getting emotional talking about Nebraska possibly being good again, with cautious optimism since your fan base has been nut kicked so many times. Those guys are taking a trip to Lincoln so I’m looking forward to that video when it comes out.

Memorial Stadium is on my short list of college venues that I’d love to go to, Death Valley in Clemson and The Big House in Michigan are the other two.

1 Like

I think you guys whoop them.

1 Like

I have a hard time seeing any place match Death Valley. Was fortunate enough to experience it once & it is a very special atmosphere. By far blows the Big House out of the water.

1 Like

I’m sure it will be over a 4.5 and press corners slow him up plenty.

Watched USC boat race us there. Nice fans. Lincoln is a cool college town. Generally speaking it’s a bit less crazy than a lot of environments. More gentlemanly and collegiate. But I’m confident it will be on fire tonight for many reasons.

These two schools and fanbases absolutely loathe each other.

1 Like

So basically better commit himself to doing some dirty work this year if he wants to ingratiate himself to scouts?

Speaking of Nebraska. Isaiah Neyor may be a guy worth a follow as far as being a day 3 guy of interest for us.

I think there will be teams that can live with what he has enough to take a chance, hoping for floor instead of ceiling. I don’t think we have a 6th and I wouldn’t use a 5th so if he’s there in the 7th I would pull the trigger.

1 Like

Man Cowboys marched it down the field on Arkansas then got way, way too cute. Terrible finish to a great drive.

I know everyone in here is watching the other game, so I’ll just keep my thoughts to myself over here lol.

Mullet Gundy would have never let that happen

I’m honestly quite surprised he went for it on 4th, even if it was 4th and less than a yard. He’s typically very conservative.