CGCJ back to Eagles

Brian branch falling to the 2nd round sealed his fate in Detroit a long time ago. He is at his best at nickel, IMO. He also expects to be a starter and play a full compliment of snaps. That wasn’t happening here with Iffy emerging and Kerby Joseph.

Regardless, the FA safety market is currently loaded and we can likely get a legit starting safety to play the 3rd safety role for under 5mil AAV. Would love to see a guy like Diggs or Elliot come back.

4 Likes

mr bean GIF

1 Like

Nah, id say Iffy Emerging sealed his fate, that run Iffy had at the end of the year was fantastic, legit All-pro level play from him, was a big reason why we clinched the playoffs, and the defense started to play better with AG’s aggresive mindset

4 Likes

Overpay BUT…good for him and the Eagles.

Branch was better. We didn’t play well with Ceedy and I think it was because he is a slot monster. But not better than rookie Brian Branch!

1 Like

To be fair, you have to know alot of shit about football to get those two things mixed up. Most people don’t know either rule.

2 Likes

I knew he wanted a long term deal.
He was never going to take a 1 year 8m deal like some here wanted. Thats a fair deal for him.

Lions got his replacement with Robertson. A down grade to a point but if Robertson stags healthy for 6+ games its an upgrade

2 Likes

I mean…whatever…

1 Like

Expected. As long as Iggy and Joseph stay healthy we are good.

I would not at all be surprised if we add another S in FA now

1 Like

Looks at a still unsigned Justin Simmons

1 Like

Iggy, Joseph, Branch, Sutton, and Davis? I’m feeling OK about our secondary. I’d like Sneed, but this works for me as-is.

Nope, length doesn’t matter. Even guys that are traded for at traded deadline that become UFA’s will qualify.

CJGJ should qualify as a 5th, regardless of the upto.
Right now, Davenport (6th) will cancel him out and
Robertson (6th) will cancel out Jonah (4th/3rd), unless someone else qualifies for Robertson to cancel

2 Likes

You’ll take your 6th round ST CB player Nate and your gonna like it

it will @CuriousHusker 's boy Qwan’tez Stiggers prolly

1 Like

CB1 Davis - Moseley
CB2 Sutton - Gilmorr
NB Branch - Robertson
SS Iffy
FS Kerby

Definitely need one more safety at least

I’m much more upset about him going back to another top NFC contender than I am about him leaving.

4 Likes

American Football GIF by Seattle Seahawks

4 Likes

I actually don’t hate that now

1 Like

Crazy thing is: I’m not sad or disappointed to see him leave.

Unless he made a major impact with the younger guys, I didn’t see much value in him once he was injured. Didn’t add much at the end of the season or the playoffs.

1 Like

Then Looks at Quandre Diggs…

The greatest impact seemed to be from E-Man.

I liked the dude. He’s a kindred spirit. 3 years at 11 mil each is a good contract for him considering the number of vet Safeties that hit the market this year. At his price, you almost expect him to move back to Nickel.

1 Like

If the Lions were on the fence with him, asking for that type of money or comparable probably sealed it.

We signed him on a 1 year 6.5M prove it deal. He failed to prove it to us, but apparently the Eagles were convinced since they damn near doubled his salary and added an extra 2 years.

1 Like